1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 Questions

I'm thinking of getting the N7 HSPA+ 32GB when it comes out an a week, and have a couple of questions existing owners might be able to answer.

1 - Anyone used their N7 with GPS *and* Wi-Fi tethering at the same time? IF so, how was battery life? My phone dies very quickly while using 4G or 3G and GPS/Google Navigation. This is one of the main uses for me of a small 7" tablet; I'd like to be able to go using navigation for 3 or 4 hours without it dying on me.

2 - Anyone using Touchdown on the N7 for email / calendar / tasks etc? If so, how is it on the larger form factor and screen? This is what I use on my Bionic and it's also critical for me.

3 - Is there a good way to sync / backup the N7? I'd like to be able to do this easily. I'm used to iTunes for iPad / iPod touch. There are some commercial apps for Android but I don't know that they work on a tablet, and don't know how effective they are at restoring etc.

4 - The Nexus 10 is able to have multiple accounts. I haven't heard that the N7 can do this; anyone know if it can? This would be awesome as I could keep my work account separated from personal accounts.

Thanks!

Default Re: Nexus 7 Questions

I can't answer questions 1-3, but as far as multiple accounts, that is a Jellybean 4.2 feature. Once the Nexus 7 gets the 4.2 update, you should be able to set up multiple accounts.

Hope someone else can answer your other questions....

With the 4.2 update, any tablet will have the ability to have multiple users.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I've only had mine a couple of days so I may not be fully correct but:

1 - From what I've seen, GPS is only switched on when required (by Maps and Earth) so it will only be an issue if you use the Nexus for SatNav, which I haven't tried yet but intend to.
    2 - Sorry, don't know it.
    3 - It automatically backs up and restores your "app data, Wi-Fi passwords and other settings" (it says, under Settings) to/from your gmail account. If that's not enough, install MyBackup Pro from Google Play (free and very good, but remember to copy the backup files off the device).
    4 - As the others said, once we get 4.2.