Android 4.2 Scheduled for Nexus 7 on November 13

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
4.2 is getting a security update also. There will be a built in anti virus scanner, which you can opt in/out. The permissions page will be much more user friendly to understand and also there will be an alert if an app tries to send an SMS message to a premium service. First time hearing of it today but here is the article.

Android security: Android 4.2 is the safest version yet | BGR

It was posted in AC front page a few days ago Android 4.2 brings new security features to scan sideloaded apps | Android Central .
also this was uncovered a month ago by some developer looking at the apk [APK Teardown] The Play Store Is Getting A Built-In Malware Scanner, Wish List Progress, And More.

grafx1

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered my Netgear PTV3000 for pickup at my local BestBuy on Saturday. I can't wait to get miracast running. Some online stores are already out of stock.

New-N7

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Sweet! Miracast is gonna be awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
OK. Someone please explain miracast. Just bought a new fancy Samsung Smart-TV. Up to my chin figuring out what I need to use it well. Special router, Roku, sling, nomad, now miracast. Heaven help the helpless and overwhelmed and tech-challenged! Y Nexus 7 is what started all this!

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet! Miracast is gonna be awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
OK. Someone please explain miracast. Just bought a new fancy Samsung Smart-TV. Up to my chin figuring out what I need to use it well. Special router, Roku, sling, nomad, now miracast. Heaven help the helpless and overwhelmed and tech-challenged! My Nexus 7 is what started all this!

- - - Updated

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
OK. Someone please explain miracast. Just bought a new fancy Samsung Smart-TV. Up to my chin figuring out what I need to use it well. Special router, Roku, sling, nomad, now miracast. Heaven help the helpless and overwhelmed and tech-challenged! Y Nexus 7 is what started all this!

- - - Updated

Miracast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I felt I needed a good explanation earlier today myself actually, and that link made it all clear :)

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
And for those of you telling others "you don't need av/security on your Nexus 7, just a waste of space and performance hit", make note of this line in the BGR link above.

The Android platform has been targeted with malware more than any other mobile operating system, however with the latest Jelly Bean software version, Google doing more than ever to keep users safe.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
And for those of you telling others "you don't need av/security on your Nexus 7, just a waste of space and performance hit", make note of this line in the BGR link above.

The Android platform has been targeted with malware more than any other mobile operating system, however with the latest Jelly Bean software version, Google doing more than ever to keep users safe.

Isn't most of this from side loaded apps? Google also does a scan of apps before they are placed into the Play store.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Miracast will be cool. ... When standard-compliant Miracast devices are available. Read Phil's N4 review to see how far he got with one the NetGear Push2TV devices. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2