Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: About to buy Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by Ibraheem_h View Post
    will the Nexus 7 lasts for more than two years while charging it once a day or once in two days?
    I'll tell you in late 2014.
    cporier91 and paul-c like this.

I'm not going to rave on of all the excellent qualities of the Nexus 7 as there are just too many and some have been mentioned already but will say the screen size at 7 inches is perfect for all around mobility or for home usage.
    I've fallen for my Nexus 7 ten times over since my recent purchase and even after the honeymoon phase is over I know that I'll still be appreciating it all the more. Way more of usage than I'd expected and surpassing any of my present devices (cept' for my desktop for work purposes and why I will look into this forum from it).
    Anyway, confirmed it's a fine quality product for the price as said by all and overall a worthy device to own. You won't be disappointed for sure and if anything it'll amaze.
    Thanked by:
    ZachA likes this.

Also, what is the approximate battery life in years, since the N7 battery its not replaceable, how many years could the battery live before dying in few minutes?
    Although the battery is not intended to be user replaceable, the back cover is fairly easy to remove -- it can be done with your fingernails if they aren't too short, else just use a pry tool -- so you can get at the battery easily enough to put a replacement in yourself, which no doubt will be selling on eBay by the time you need one if they aren't on there already.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    cporier91 likes this.

I'm also about getting the Nexus 7 32GB 3G version. But I wonder, since the wifi version battery lasts for about 9 hours, could the 3G version last for the same time period?
    Also, what is the approximate battery life in years, since the N7 battery its not replaceable, how many years could the battery live before dying in few minutes?
    I have an ASUS laptop, at first, its battery could last for 2:30 hours, but after two years, it dropped all the way to only 15 minutes so i had to purchase a new battery...will the Nexus 7 lasts for more than two years while charging it once a day or once in two days?

Sent from my GT-I9100
    My laptop did that but I think that's because it is constantly charging, if you notice phones don't seem to do it half as much as laptops do. I know some people with the original tab and that still runs ok on its original battery.

I wouldn't worry about battery life I'm a real heavy user of mine and easily get a full day out of it.

cporier91 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

ROM
    Stock and loving it

I just ordered my N7! It should be here in the next few days! thanks again to everyone that replied! i will keep you guys updated on when i receive it and toy around with it.
    ZachA likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cporier91 View Post
    Getting excited for my first tablet, I was going to go with nexus 10 but its not practical for me for my schooling. But the 7inch form factor intrigues me. Anyone have things I should know about the tablet? How do you like yours?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    How do I like mine? I LOVE it!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

ROM
    Stock and loving it

Just got my N7 in the mail today!! I cant get off of a it...its the coolest thing I have ever had tech wise

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by cporier91 View Post
    Just got my N7 in the mail today!! I cant get off of a it...its the coolest thing I have ever had tech wise

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    It is very awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 7

We're thinking of getting our daughter (11) one of these but when I started my search for one, I'm finding it's nearly impossible to find one locally. Best Buy has no stock, WM, no stock, Staples I think might have one in town. So what gives? Is it that popular or is it being discontinued?? Anyone else have a hard time getting their hands on one?

Staples near me has plenty of stock. I'm not sure about Walmart. You can rest assured it's not being discontinued. In fact new models were just released.
    @drew3sbs on Twitter

Get an external keyboard, you'll absolutely need one in order to take substantial notes. As a student, I'm sure you're well aware professors talk a mile a minute lol. I've gotten used to a keyboard as small as 8" by 3", and it works great. I'm getting a foldable bluetooth keyboard though, primarily for the bluetooth (USB OTG cable was acting up).
    Thanked by:

Cporier91,

Glad you got it! I just purchased mine at Staples and love it thus far....still trying to figure the basics out! I did not KNOW this but the apps I had purchased through the DroidX on Google Play are available on the Nexus7 as well!!! Pretty psyched about that!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

ROM
    Stock and loving it

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNM View Post
    Cporier91,

Glad you got it! I just purchased mine at Staples and love it thus far....still trying to figure the basics out! I did not KNOW this but the apps I had purchased through the DroidX on Google Play are available on the Nexus7 as well!!! Pretty psyched about that!
    Yeah all purchased apps are linked to your gmail account so you don't have to re purchase apps. Glad you like it! I'm loving mine...haven't even gotten on my laptop at all.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

ROM
    Stock and loving it

Quote Originally Posted by jrwatson View Post
    Get an external keyboard, you'll absolutely need one in order to take substantial notes. As a student, I'm sure you're well aware professors talk a mile a minute lol. I've gotten used to a keyboard as small as 8" by 3", and it works great. I'm getting a foldable bluetooth keyboard though, primarily for the bluetooth (USB OTG cable was acting up).
    I took it to class today and was able to take good notes on it. Thanks for the thought!

How difficult is it to side load this application, I have yet to buy the nexus 7 but when I do I would love this app. I heard that when it is on the nexus 7 there's a tool bar out of site because of the screen size, any problems with this? Thanks for your help.

What application were you thinking about sideloading to a Nexus7? No where in this thread was their any mention of any apps or sideloading.

The bluetooth keyboard is just a wireless device and the otg cable only plugs in to the micro usb port on the Nexus7.

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

ROM
    Stock and loving it

Is he talking about side loading Asus super note app??....that's the only app ever mentioned.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12