About to buy Nexus 7

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
What I've found is that the 7" is better for "around the house." The 10" tablet is good for "sitting up in the recliner."

Even then, if you like to play games, double thumbing a 10" tablet is too cumbersome.

-Suntan

I have found it hard to stretch ny thumbs far enough with my N7 in landscape mode to type I'd hate a 10"

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Central Forums

DogPsyche

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I've owned mine for a month now with daily business & leisure use. It's an incredible bit of kit & I don't regret it one little bit (and I'm the kind of masochistic individual who keeps checking the tech market after buying a bit of kit!) :banghead:

~Jaqi~
Sent from my lovely Nexus 7

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The 7" form factor makes an excellent personal device. It's easy to carry and hold. 10" starts to get on the larger side thus being heavier and harder to carry around.

I love my N7. It makes a great all around device. Work, play, entertainment.

Ibraheem_h

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm also about getting the Nexus 7 32GB 3G version. But I wonder, since the wifi version battery lasts for about 9 hours, could the 3G version last for the same time period?
Also, what is the approximate battery life in years, since the N7 battery its not replaceable, how many years could the battery live before dying in few minutes?
I have an ASUS laptop, at first, its battery could last for 2:30 hours, but after two years, it dropped all the way to only 15 minutes so i had to purchase a new battery...will the Nexus 7 lasts for more than two years while charging it once a day or once in two days?

Sent from my GT-I9100

Coldar

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to rave on of all the excellent qualities of the Nexus 7 as there are just too many and some have been mentioned already but will say the screen size at 7 inches is perfect for all around mobility or for home usage.
I've fallen for my Nexus 7 ten times over since my recent purchase and even after the honeymoon phase is over I know that I'll still be appreciating it all the more. Way more of usage than I'd expected and surpassing any of my present devices (cept' for my desktop for work purposes and why I will look into this forum from it).
Anyway, confirmed it's a fine quality product for the price as said by all and overall a worthy device to own. You won't be disappointed for sure and if anything it'll amaze.

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Also, what is the approximate battery life in years, since the N7 battery its not replaceable, how many years could the battery live before dying in few minutes?
Although the battery is not intended to be user replaceable, the back cover is fairly easy to remove -- it can be done with your fingernails if they aren't too short, else just use a pry tool -- so you can get at the battery easily enough to put a replacement in yourself, which no doubt will be selling on eBay by the time you need one if they aren't on there already.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm also about getting the Nexus 7 32GB 3G version. But I wonder, since the wifi version battery lasts for about 9 hours, could the 3G version last for the same time period?
I have an ASUS laptop, at first, its battery could last for 2:30 hours, but after two years, it dropped all the way to only 15 minutes so i had to purchase a new battery...will the Nexus 7 lasts for more than two years while charging it once a day or once in two days?

Sent from my GT-I9100

My laptop did that but I think that's because it is constantly charging, if you notice phones don't seem to do it half as much as laptops do. I know some people with the original tab and that still runs ok on its original battery.

I wouldn't worry about battery life I'm a real heavy user of mine and easily get a full day out of it.

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered my N7! It should be here in the next few days! thanks again to everyone that replied! i will keep you guys updated on when i receive it and toy around with it.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Getting excited for my first tablet, I was going to go with nexus 10 but its not practical for me for my schooling. But the 7inch form factor intrigues me. Anyone have things I should know about the tablet? How do you like yours?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

How do I like mine? I LOVE it!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Just got my N7 in the mail today!! I cant get off of a it...its the coolest thing I have ever had tech wise

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
We're thinking of getting our daughter (11) one of these but when I started my search for one, I'm finding it's nearly impossible to find one locally. Best Buy has no stock, WM, no stock, Staples I think might have one in town. So what gives? Is it that popular or is it being discontinued?? Anyone else have a hard time getting their hands on one?

stirling

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Staples near me has plenty of stock. I'm not sure about Walmart. You can rest assured it's not being discontinued. In fact new models were just released.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Get an external keyboard, you'll absolutely need one in order to take substantial notes. As a student, I'm sure you're well aware professors talk a mile a minute lol. I've gotten used to a keyboard as small as 8" by 3", and it works great. I'm getting a foldable bluetooth keyboard though, primarily for the bluetooth (USB OTG cable was acting up).

anon4843263

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Cporier91,

Glad you got it! I just purchased mine at Staples and love it thus far....still trying to figure the basics out! I did not KNOW this but the apps I had purchased through the DroidX on Google Play are available on the Nexus7 as well!!! Pretty psyched about that!

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Cporier91,

Glad you got it! I just purchased mine at Staples and love it thus far....still trying to figure the basics out! I did not KNOW this but the apps I had purchased through the DroidX on Google Play are available on the Nexus7 as well!!! Pretty psyched about that!

Yeah all purchased apps are linked to your gmail account so you don't have to re purchase apps. Glad you like it! I'm loving mine...haven't even gotten on my laptop at all.

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Get an external keyboard, you'll absolutely need one in order to take substantial notes. As a student, I'm sure you're well aware professors talk a mile a minute lol. I've gotten used to a keyboard as small as 8" by 3", and it works great. I'm getting a foldable bluetooth keyboard though, primarily for the bluetooth (USB OTG cable was acting up).

I took it to class today and was able to take good notes on it. Thanks for the thought!

lrb411

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
How difficult is it to side load this application, I have yet to buy the nexus 7 but when I do I would love this app. I heard that when it is on the nexus 7 there's a tool bar out of site because of the screen size, any problems with this? Thanks for your help.