About to buy Nexus 7

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Getting excited for my first tablet, I was going to go with nexus 10 but its not practical for me for my schooling. But the 7inch form factor intrigues me. Anyone have things I should know about the tablet? How do you like yours?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I side loaded the Asus Super note and can now take handwritten notes in mtgs. I'm sure this would be useful in classes also. The size is also nice for backpacks, briefcases and such. Easy to hold, easy to read, easy to carry. Games don't suck either.....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I side loaded the Asus Super note and can now take handwritten notes in mtgs. I'm sure this would be useful in classes also. The size is also nice for backpacks, briefcases and such. Easy to hold, easy to read, easy to carry. Games don't suck either.....

Cool thank you! I'll have to take that into account. I'm excited to buy it, just needed some users thoughts on it.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 7 is really nice, don't think you can go wrong buying one. Well worth the money.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
It's the most bang for the buck you can get in a tablet today. Kindles are probably also a good value, but you don't get a pure Android experience and ease of customization. It's very easy to hold for extended periods of time, so if you're being a couch potato while reading an e-textbook or something, you can do so easily. The screen is of excellent resolution and great for reading (and playing games and watching movies). Battery life is good, so if you go to classes in the morning with it fully charged, you'll get through all your classes, as well as some game playing and music listening (well, not during class, of course!) without a problem.

It doesn't have the highest possible build quality or aesthetic compared to much more expensive tablets, yet it's still very well made. But under the hood it's as powerful, or even more powerful, than more expensive tablets.

I think that for a student it's an excellent choice. It's price is such that if you lose it or drop it (which is more possible because you'll be leaving the house so much with it), it won't suck as much as if it cost an extra $170. It would still suck, just not as much! Go for it!!

Sent from my Nexus 7

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
It's the most bang for the buck you can get in a tablet today. Kindles are probably also a good value, but you don't get a pure Android experience and ease of customization. It's very easy to hold for extended periods of time, so if you're being a couch potato while reading an e-textbook or something, you can do so easily. The screen is of excellent resolution and great for reading (and playing games and watching movies). Battery life is good, so if you go to classes in the morning with it fully charged, you'll get through all your classes, as well as some game playing and music listening (well, not during class, of course!) without a problem.

It doesn't have the highest possible build quality or aesthetic compared to much more expensive tablets, yet it's still very well made. But under the hood it's as powerful, or even more powerful, than more expensive tablets.

I think that for a student it's an excellent choice. It's price is such that if you lose it or drop it (which is more possible because you'll be leaving the house so much with it), it won't suck as much as if it cost an extra $170. It would still suck, just not as much! Go for it!!

Sent from my Nexus 7

Thank you for your input! I'm very excited to order it and with all the replies I'm getting sounds like everyone enjoys it. I know its not made from the best materials, but its a nexus device and will be supported by Google for a long time. Thanks for your opinion again!

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
It really is an excellent choice, it's backed by Google so you know you Dont have to worry about lack of updates. Its also real powerful so you will have no problems running any software at all. It really is a great device you won't regret, buying it, beats all the choices out there. From what I have seen the kindle fire is very limited into customising it and that's all the fun with the N7.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I love my nexus. I got it last Thursday, and I've taken it to school every day since then. I haven't even touched my phone since I got the nexus, except to send a text

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I love my Nexus 7 I use it all the time its well worth it for the price and specs your getting.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

JustinMueller8810

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Getting excited for my first tablet, I was going to go with nexus 10 but its not practical for me for my schooling. But the 7inch form factor intrigues me. Anyone have things I should know about the tablet? How do you like yours?

Fits in 1 hand comfortably. Fits in my pocket. Very capable little bastard. You can't lose when it's only $200!

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I love my nexus. I got it last Thursday, and I've taken it to school every day since then. I haven't even touched my phone since I got the nexus, except to send a text

Get tablet talk or mysms and you don't even need your phone to text.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Central Forums

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a 10" TF101, but it is getting flaky and we were planning to get an N10 when it comes out. I just got an N7 a couple days ago, mostly for gaming. I have to say, the more I use the 7" form factor, the more I question the need to get the N10.

-Suntan

tyr3771

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I just recently bought a Nexus 7 (32GB) and I LOVE IT. I already had a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 so I was used to the size. I think the 7-8 inch tablets are fantastic for everyday use and ease of carry.

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a 10" TF101, but it is getting flaky and we were planning to get an N10 when it comes out. I just got an N7 a couple days ago, mostly for gaming. I have to say, the more I use the 7" form factor, the more I question the need to get the N10.

-Suntan

I was thinking about a nexus 10, but thought that it would be mostly for around the house, I want a tablet that is easy to use and mostly mobile for outside the house. Thanks!

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I just recently bought a Nexus 7 (32GB) and I LOVE IT. I already had a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 so I was used to the size. I think the 7-8 inch tablets are fantastic for everyday use and ease of carry.

Yeah 7inch form factor is a sweet spot for me, I think I will enjoy it and it not be so cumbersome to use.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
What I've found is that the 7" is better for "around the house." The 10" tablet is good for "sitting up in the recliner."

Even then, if you like to play games, double thumbing a 10" tablet is too cumbersome.

-Suntan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan