I'm Depressed!

thiscityishell

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday, I stepped outside my house for a couple of hours and left my Nexus 7 charging. While I was away, my little cousins decided to start playing with my Nexus 7 and they accidently dropped it. The bottom left corner of the screen shattered, leaving a huge crack from the bottom left corner all the way to the top right corner. One side of the screen is unresponsive, while the other side works somewhat okay. I called Google Play and they gave me Asus' number to call them, so I decided to call them. Asus told me that it doesn't fall under warranty and I can send it in so they can repair it, but it'll cost me $180. Seriously?! I might as well just buy a new Nexus 7 if I had the money instead of sending it in. I just don't know what to do, I have no money whatsoever.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday, I stepped outside my house for a couple of hours and left my Nexus 7 charging. While I was away, my little cousins decided to start playing with my Nexus 7 and they accidently dropped it. The bottom left corner of the screen shattered, leaving a huge crack from the bottom left corner all the way to the top right corner. One side of the screen is unresponsive, while the other side works somewhat okay. I called Google Play and they gave me Asus' number to call them, so I decided to call them. Asus told me that it doesn't fall under warranty and I can send it in so they can repair it, but it'll cost me $180. Seriously?! I might as well just buy a new Nexus 7 if I had the money instead of sending it in. I just don't know what to do, I have no money whatsoever.

I would politely request that your little cousins' parents reimburse you for the cost of repair/replacement.

B3RTB

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey there. I can understand why you're depressed. I would have cursed and shouted at them, but if there is no financial assistance whatsoever coming from the aunt. Relax. Try to cheer up. In a perfect world she does owe u big time.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh trust me, I did. I talked to my aunt and everything, but she simply said it isn't her fault. Another reason to dislike my aunt.

Interesting. Well next time you visit them I would consider dropping something expensive of hers down a flight of stairs. When confronted just explain that it's not your fault, it's that pesky gravity mucking about everywhere.

Jk, kind of.

That is a shame though, sorry.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
interesting. Well next time you visit them i would consider dropping something expensive of hers down a flight of stairs. When confronted just explain that it's not your fault, it's that pesky gravity mucking about everywhere.

Jk, kind of.

lmfao!!!

Inspire aokp ice cold sandwich rom ;)

thiscityishell

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. Well next time you visit them I would consider dropping something expensive of hers down a flight of stairs. When confronted just explain that it's not your fault, it's that pesky gravity mucking about everywhere.

Jk, kind of.

LOL! Maybe I should break something of hers. Maybe then she'll decide to give me the money to buy a new Nexus 7.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
What i want to know is why it cost 180 to fix when a new one is 200? I've never understood these warranty quotes.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't mean to make you feel worse, but since this happened at your house, it really makes it more your responsibility to keep your beloved N7 safe from the mischievous hands of the kiddies. Had it happened at your aunt's house, it still would have been your responsibility, but maybe your aunt would have had a guiltier conscience and offered to help out. If they were my kids, I probably would have offered to pay for half, figuring you should have kept it hidden away from kids, as we all know that kids have a tendency to do these things. Then I would have made my kids do extra chores to make up for the cost and learn a lesson.

Anyway, since your aunt won't buy a new one for you, compromise a little and ask her for a short term loan. Tell her you understand it was your responsibility to keep the N7 away from her kids who shouldn't have touched it without your permission. But since they did touch it without your permission and then they broke it, ask her if she'd be willing to at least help out in this way.

How will you pay it back? I don't know anything about your lifestyle, but obviously either try to save a few dollars or try to make some extra money through overtime or offering to clean the gutters of your aunt's house or something like that. Forgo some things that you take for granted that cost money, but that you don't really think about. Do you go to Starbucks or the movies once in a while? Buy a soda for $2 at the 7-11 instead of drinking water? Cut down on these things, and within a couple months you'll have the money.

In the meantime, go to your aunt's house and "accidentally" break $200 worth of her china.

Sent from my fully functioning Nexus 7

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
You are responsible for leaving it out so I recommend you pick up pole dancing until you can buy a new one. I think you have learned your lesson.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

thiscityishell

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't mean to make you feel worse, but since this happened at your house, it really makes it more your responsibility to keep your beloved N7 safe from the mischievous hands of the kiddies. Had it happened at your aunt's house, it still would have been your responsibility, but maybe your aunt would have had a guiltier conscience and offered to help out. If they were my kids, I probably would have offered to pay for half, figuring you should have kept it hidden away from kids, as we all know that kids have a tendency to do these things. Then I would have made my kids do extra chores to make up for the cost and learn a lesson.

Anyway, since your aunt won't buy a new one for you, compromise a little and ask her for a short term loan. Tell her you understand it was your responsibility to keep the N7 away from her kids who shouldn't have touched it without your permission. But since they did touch it without your permission and then they broke it, ask her if she'd be willing to at least help out in this way.

How will you pay it back? I don't know anything about your lifestyle, but obviously either try to save a few dollars or try to make some extra money through overtime or offering to clean the gutters of your aunt's house or something like that. Forgo some things that you take for granted that cost money, but that you don't really think about. Do you go to Starbucks or the movies once in a while? Buy a soda for $2 at the 7-11 instead of drinking water? Cut down on these things, and within a couple months you'll have the money.

In the meantime, go to your aunt's house and "accidentally" break $200 worth of her china.

Sent from my fully functioning Nexus 7

I guess I can try to earn the money to buy a new one. And I forgot to mention that my Nexus was inside my room, which I always have locked when I leave my home. I don't know how they opened the door, I have to ask them.

mike568

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I say your Aunt is repponsable because her kids broke into your room.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I guess I can try to earn the money to buy a new one. And I forgot to mention that my Nexus was inside my room, which I always have locked when I leave my home. I don't know how they opened the door, I have to ask them.

First, uh, that's usually how we buy things, by earning money. So I think you're on the right track and fully encourage you to pursue this course of action. Second, how old are these little rascals and did they show any remorse?

Zapflashgone

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Since you talk about locking your room when you go out, I might guess you are young and living at home??
Maybe your related parent would suggest to your aunt that her position is unkind, and unfair?