I'm Depressed!

thiscityishell

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
First, uh, that's usually how we buy things, by earning money. So I think you're on the right track and fully encourage you to pursue this course of action. Second, how old are these little rascals and did they show any remorse?

I have been looking for a job recently. Hope I'll get one. And those demon children are 10 and 8. They apologized and whatever, but they seemed as if they didn't care.

- - - Updated - - -

First, uh, that's usually how we buy things, by earning money. So I think you're on the right track and fully encourage you to pursue this course of action. Second, how old are these little rascals and did they show any remorse?

I have been looking for a job recently. Hope I'll get one. And those demon children are 10 and 8. They apologized and whatever, but they seemed as if they didn't care.

thiscityishell

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Since you talk about locking your room when you go out, I might guess you are young and living at home??
Maybe your related parent would suggest to your aunt that her position is unkind, and unfair?

Unfortunately, I am still living in this dreadful home with my mother. I asked my mother if she could at least try to convince my aunt (her sister) to do something, but I doubt my mother would say something to her. My mother somewhat blames me for leaving my Nexus 7 at home. I don't know, my family is just terrible.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Your aunt should do the right thing and reimburse you.

Not sure how you originally purchased the device, but some credit cards such as american express and discover have accident protection services for free.

Otherwise you might want to look up info on how to repair the screen yourself.

Sorry to hear, I would be pissed too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
So if the your kids happen to be visiting someone else's house and push over their HDTV "because it was out", it's the fault of the homeowner for not supergluing the TV onto the stand? Or is it your responsibility for having crappy kids?
The kids were responsible....and since they weren't old enough to be responsible, the parents are IMHO...

Sell the Nexus for parts on fleabay and buy a new one. I'd consider pushing over something at the aunt's house by mistake to see who gets the blame too... ;)

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
If you want to see if you could fix the screen itself, go to fixit.com.

Also, I know there are companies that repair gadgets for significantly less money than the manufacturer. Not that I can remember a single name right now.

Finally, although I would have very detailed fantasies about revenge too, I wouldn't advise acting them out. From your posts, it sounds to me like your family will blame you for everything they can. You could end up owing someone big money, and you'd still be out of a nexus.

And put a better lock on your door.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

bmwforme

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
asus nexus 7 screen replace | eBay very expensive

problem is the product is so rare and cheap, it is hard to find good parts for it like the iPhone which is mass produced...

also, $200 or $20, I would not talk to my aunt. That is so damn disrespectful, this actually made me mad. Your aunt reminds me of an insurance company, and her excuse, I'm not buying that.

So if her kids sneak out her car and get into an accident, she shouldn't have to pay a dime because it wasn't her fault, because it wasn't in her house right...

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I hope your aunt is staying with you because her house blew away in the hurricane... If she is.. let it slide.

If not... bring it up to your mom again that they went into your room and broke it... Also confirm with mom that you haven't broken any of the aunts stuff before.

Ward510

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have house and contents insurance? If you do, then you should be able to claim against it - either for a repair or to get a replacement. My wife trod on her expensive glasses (twice!) in the house and the insurers stumped up each time. It's worth a try.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
If we were talking about toddlers, I'd say it was your fault. 8 & 10 years old, they should know better, and IMO it's their fault (and by relation the aunt's responsibility), but sadly there are a lot of people with very little desire to be responsible. It's a situation that just kinda sucks. Dunno if repair parts are available for 3rd party repair services yet or not. Or if you could find a device with another defect but good screen to buy semi-cheap.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Seriously dude never involve family and money. Everyone ends up being a bad guy. Save your money. And learn from mistakes (yours and others). I'd be depressed too. A similar thing happened to me when I was 17 and still living with my folks. I don't talk to that cousin and aunt to this day because they haven't changed. It is all about CYA buddy. I feel for you and hope it all works out in the end. Please do keep us updated.

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Does your aunt leave her car parked outside over night? If so take a crap on the hood of the car and let it bake in the sun.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Wow. She could take accountability for her kids. That's wrong she doesn't

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

flacousa

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
That is what happens when an item is being sold with very little profit.

Bet he won't feel as bad if the quote was $180 to fix a $500 iPad.

Sent from planet earth

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Your parents won't say anything to your aunt? What if you talk to your uncle? lol grandpa/grandma? If your relatives aren't on great terms to begin with, I wouldn't continuously bring up the broken device--like others said, family + money = bad times. Don't fix it, just buy a new one once you save up. Be glad it was a $200 N7 and not a $350 ipad mini :p. I don't think there are any now, but you can always check for refurbs online.

If you're flat-out broke and jobless, try selling things on craigslist. I parted ways with my dSLR sophomore year, since I needed the money and almost never used it when I got to college. I bought a new/improved one when I got a p/t job. See if your local university has paid experiments. I did a couple fun money simulation ones at the business school, and I got to keep what I 'earned' (anywhere from $10-30 lol). Any dogs in your neighborhood that need sitting? There are lots of little--albet time-consuming--ways to earn pocket money.

Once you get a new device, buy a separate warranty. I bought a 3-year Squaretrade warranty for like, $60. So my 16GB N7 + tax + warranty = ~$330. But it's well worth it to be protected. The way it works though, is they subtract the repair from the cost of your device, so that pretty much means one repair's worth.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet