Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts

Default Re: I'm Depressed!

Quote Originally Posted by a1kemist View Post
    If you buy from Walmart, warranty for 2 years is only $28. It says accidentals are covered. Cheapest warranty I've been offed so far. You can see their details on their website. Just look for the N7 and additional purchased and you'll see warranty info.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Does it say accidents are covered or "normal wear and tear"?

I think their Accident type coverage is $59 for tablets under $299.

Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    Does it say accidents are covered or "normal wear and tear"?

I think their Accident type coverage is $59 for tablets under $299.
    28 bucks and it covers everything

http://www.walmart.com/ip/2-Year-Dro...99.99/21556981

"Our Product Care Plan provides more coverage than the manufacturer's warranty, such as failures due to:

Accidental Damage from Handling, such as spills, drops and cracked screens
    Power surges
    Defects in materials and workmanship
    Mechanical or electrical failures, including those due to normal wear and tear
    Internal heat, dust and humidity"

Rooted Nexus 7 - XenonHD
    Rooted Dual Boot HP Touchpad - ICS
    Sprint EVO 3D

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts

http://www.walmart.com/ip/2-Year-Dro...99.99/21556981

"Our Product Care Plan provides more coverage than the manufacturer's warranty, such as failures due to:

Power surges

Thanks for the link. This is what I was looking at. Not sure what the diff is. Maybe this link was old pricing. http://www.walmart.com/msharbor/ip/2...81640&veh=mweb

If you really want fix it then don't look for Asus and go to the professional store.It may take you less money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward510 View Post
    Do you have house and contents insurance? If you do, then you should be able to claim against it - either for a repair or to get a replacement. My wife trod on her expensive glasses (twice!) in the house and the insurers stumped up each time. It's worth a try.
    They work great, mum got furious broke an very, very expensive custom necklace... They replaced it & some how she kept the diamonds of the old one etc maybe they miss understood she still had parts of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cormaster628 View Post
    I've been in this situation. What do you do? Fight with the aunt till she gives you the money. For me it was my brother in law who knocked over a cup of water on our laptop and shorted out the keyboard. He was willing to pay till my father in law stepped in and said it's family you need to forgive and move on. I kept pressing the issue till my father in law paid up for him , and he was pissed for a while but he got over it and we get along fine now.
    My brother would wait for me to fix it as he woudldn't pay and destroy it again if i did that. Then again my brother in law would do anything, top bloke guess i am lucky like that.

House insurance is the way to go or DIY repair.

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    It is the parents fault how is it not, that's like saying oh my kid got kidnapped but its not my fault I let him/her go off on their own and wasn't attentive. Clearly half of you aren't parents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    ????

If my son kills somebody is it my fault?

You obviously aren't a parent. I am a parent of 3 and Grandad of 2. If my youngest son smashes something in my friends house upstairs while I drink tea downstairs, how is it my fault? Yes I would pay as he is my responsibilty , but your logic about it being my fault is flawed.

to the OP: I'm really sorry that happened. I would be very upset too. Those kids were probably never taught how to be good guests in another person's home. I know that if I had been a kid and I did something like that, I would be getting a very bad spanking, and my parents would probably offer to reimburse you for your loss. To those people saying it's the OP's fault for leaving his things out like that? Well, it's his home, isn't it? Should he keep all his possessions under lock and key? It's the people who visit who should know how to be good guests and NOT touch anything they aren't supposed to.
    Thanked by:
    thiscityishell likes this.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BowtomePhil View Post
    ????

If my son kills somebody is it my fault?

You obviously aren't a parent. I am a parent of 3 and Grandad of 2. If my youngest son smashes something in my friends house upstairs while I drink tea downstairs, how is it my fault? Yes I would pay as he is my responsibilty , but your logic about it being my fault is flawed.
    So your saying you let your kids wander around on their own you are insane mines 2.5 I never let my eyes off of him when we aren't at home. You as a parent need to know what they are doing at all times what if your kid was upstairs and choked on something because you weren't paying attention is that still not your fault. I don't care who you are step up and be parents until your kids are 18 they are your responsibility and your at fault for their mistakes. Know what they are doing know where they are and make sure they don't get the chance to do anything stupid its called mitigation of risk.

Yes I would pay as he is my responsibilty
    That's the difference between you and the OP's aunt. Her kids went into his room without permission and broke his Nexus 7 but she won't pay because she lacks responsibility and common decency.

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    So your saying you let your kids wander around on their own you are insane mines 2.5 I never let my eyes off of him when we aren't at home. You as a parent need to know what they are doing at all times what if your kid was upstairs and choked on something because you weren't paying attention is that still not your fault. I don't care who you are step up and be parents until your kids are 18 they are your responsibility and your at fault for their mistakes. Know what they are doing know where they are and make sure they don't get the chance to do anything stupid its called mitigation of risk.

The OP's cousins are 10 and 8, so that is the same as having a 2 year old?

So when your kid gets to 16 gets a scooter and has a life outside your handcuffs, you are to blame for anything he does, very Naieve.. Responsible yes.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

So when your kid gets to 16 gets a scooter and has a life outside your handcuffs, you are to blame for anything he does, very Naieve.. Responsible yes.
    8 and 10 are still young to not be watching my little brother gets into all kinds of trouble on his own. At 16 you at least should know where they are and what they are up to. Also if the rooms locked and they still got in then obviously those kids need a freaking leash because they can't behave. At 13 I was out on my @$$ so I say kids can learn to behave and act like they should. Y'all can enjoy crazy kids if you want but this soldier will not have it in his home.

Thanked by:
    spoxy 

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

The one for the $199 Nexus is only $19

2 Year Drop, Spill and Cracked Screen Service Plan for Tablets and iPads $200 - $299.99: Extended Warranties and Installations : Walmart.com

Power surges

ROM
    Android 2.3.4 :-(

Wow, that's sad. I know how it feels when something like that happens just because of someone being careless.

But let me cheer you up with some true stories:

• I have a friend which was diagnosed with breast cancer
    • And another one with a suspicious tumor
    • And one that was assaulted and is in intensive care
    • One that was almost killed when dragged by a car after being robbed
    • I've been in places where families have no electricity in their houses
    • Recently a girl was ran over by a train and lost 1 legs
    • Another fellow lost both legs a few years ago. But nowadays still surfs and swims

And none of the above are at all depressed.

See, you're a happy person!

happens, then you move on. If anything happened to my Nexus 7, sure I'd be bummed too, but I wouldn't let it ruin my day. Ultimately, it's a toy. I'm going to assume that everything is backed up to the cloud somewhere, so no real data has been lost. So maybe it will be a little while before you can afford another one, just deal with it. I'm sorry to hear that you lost your tablet, but be thankful for what you have, not what you've lost.
    Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ (Dark ParanoidAndroid 2.52), Nexus 7 (Dark ParanoidAndroid 2.52)
    Retired: HTC Eris, Dinc, Thunderbolt, Moto Droid, Droid 2, Droid X, Samsung Charge, Epic 4G

First, your family stinks. Sorry. If my kids broke something I'd promise to pay for or replace it.

Second, If you love the N7, sell some stuff to raise the cash or look to craigslist to buy and/or trade. Preferably, you can swipe a few hundred bucks of stuff from your aunt's house.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  

Quote Originally Posted by ricktat View Post
    The one for the $199 Nexus is only $19
    I'm wondering, can I still get this protection plan to get my Nexus 7 fixed? I doubt it though. :-/

This is a different situation. It doesn't matter what age you are. when you're in someone else's home, you are a guest and thus should not be sneaking into other people's rooms or touching their things without permission. Nor should you let your kids.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jay_pride View Post
    I'm wondering, can I still get this protection plan to get my Nexus 7 fixed? I doubt it though. :-/
    I doubt that also. It would be sort of like me going in and trying to buy insurance on a car that I had already totalled.

You've gotten some good advice (sell some stuff, earn some money to buy a new one,etc.) and some really stupid advice (stealing money from your Aunt,breaking her stuff, and other juvenile suggestions).

Since it seems you'll get no help, support or compensation from ANYONE in your family, in my opinion, the best thing you can do at this point is to GET OVER IT and move on.
    Last edited by plumberdv; 11-10-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plumberdv View Post
    Since it seems you'll get no help, support or compensation from ANYONE in your family, in my opinion, the best thing you can do at this point is to GET OVER IT and move on.
    And move out!

I've lost track here-- how old is the OP? He sounds like he's in high school.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts

Take this episode as a cheap lesson to be more responsible with your stuff... don't leave it sit out if you cannot trust those around you...

Hey it could be worse ... it could have been an ipad that they broke... then you would be out at least twice as much...

Quote Originally Posted by Subsound View Post
    damn kids these days.

Looks like your cousins parents owe you some money my friend.
    Honestly if it was my kids that broke something that belonged to someone else family or not I would offer to repair or replace it.

But maybe that's just the way I was brought up.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Keyboard Warrior

Global Posts
    583 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Wow I don't even know your aunt and I hate her.

Global Posts
    1,929 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MJKearney View Post
    Tell her you understand it was your responsibility to keep the N7 away from her kids who shouldn't have touched it without your permission. But since they did touch it without your permission and then they broke it, ask her if she'd be willing to at least help out in this way.

In the meantime, go to your aunt's house and "accidentally" break $200 worth of her china.

Sent from my fully functioning Nexus 7
    NO WAY....Dude, this is in no way your fault. Then I read later in the post it was in your room.
    Your Aunt is 100% responsible.
    She would be welcomed in any store as a consumer, with her kids.....if they broke a $200 item....she'd be responsable. Your Aunt is hosing you man!!!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast