I'm Depressed!

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
The one for the $199 Nexus is only $19

28 bucks and it covers everything

2 Year Drop, Spill and Cracked Screen Service Plan for Tablets and iPads $200 - $299.99: Extended Warranties and Installations : Walmart.com

"Our Product Care Plan provides more coverage than the manufacturer's warranty, such as failures due to:

Accidental Damage from Handling, such as spills, drops and cracked screens
Power surges
Defects in materials and workmanship
Mechanical or electrical failures, including those due to normal wear and tear
Internal heat, dust and humidity"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

MichaelBR

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's sad. I know how it feels when something like that happens just because of someone being careless.

But let me cheer you up with some true stories:

• I have a friend which was diagnosed with breast cancer
  • And another one with a suspicious tumor
  • And one that was assaulted and is in intensive care
  • One that was almost killed when dragged by a car after being robbed
  • I've been in places where families have no electricity in their houses
  • Recently a girl was ran over by a train and lost 1? legs
  • Another fellow lost both legs a few years ago. But nowadays still surfs and swims
And none of the above are at all depressed.

See, you're a happy person!

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
JXdw4.png

jcsugrue

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
happens, then you move on. If anything happened to my Nexus 7, sure I'd be bummed too, but I wouldn't let it ruin my day. Ultimately, it's a toy. I'm going to assume that everything is backed up to the cloud somewhere, so no real data has been lost. So maybe it will be a little while before you can afford another one, just deal with it. I'm sorry to hear that you lost your tablet, but be thankful for what you have, not what you've lost.

petefromphilly

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
First, your family stinks. Sorry. If my kids broke something I'd promise to pay for or replace it.

Second, If you love the N7, sell some stuff to raise the cash or look to craigslist to buy and/or trade. Preferably, you can swipe a few hundred bucks of stuff from your aunt's house.

wyndslash

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
The OP's cousins are 10 and 8, so that is the same as having a 2 year old?

So when your kid gets to 16 gets a scooter and has a life outside your handcuffs, you are to blame for anything he does, very Naieve.. Responsible yes.

This is a different situation. It doesn't matter what age you are. when you're in someone else's home, you are a guest and thus should not be sneaking into other people's rooms or touching their things without permission. Nor should you let your kids.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

plumberdv

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering, can I still get this protection plan to get my Nexus 7 fixed? I doubt it though. :-/

I doubt that also. It would be sort of like me going in and trying to buy insurance on a car that I had already totalled.

You've gotten some good advice (sell some stuff, earn some money to buy a new one,etc.) and some really stupid advice (stealing money from your Aunt,breaking her stuff, and other juvenile suggestions).

Since it seems you'll get no help, support or compensation from ANYONE in your family, in my opinion, the best thing you can do at this point is to GET OVER IT and move on.

Last edited:

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Take this episode as a cheap lesson to be more responsible with your stuff... don't leave it sit out if you cannot trust those around you...

Hey it could be worse ... it could have been an ipad that they broke... then you would be out at least twice as much...

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
damn kids these days. :mad:

Looks like your cousins parents owe you some money my friend.

Honestly if it was my kids that broke something that belonged to someone else family or not I would offer to repair or replace it.

But maybe that's just the way I was brought up.

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Tell her you understand it was your responsibility to keep the N7 away from her kids who shouldn't have touched it without your permission. But since they did touch it without your permission and then they broke it, ask her if she'd be willing to at least help out in this way.

In the meantime, go to your aunt's house and "accidentally" break $200 worth of her china.

Sent from my fully functioning Nexus 7

NO WAY....Dude, this is in no way your fault. Then I read later in the post it was in your room.
Your Aunt is 100% responsible.
She would be welcomed in any store as a consumer, with her kids.....if they broke a $200 item....she'd be responsable. Your Aunt is hosing you man!!!

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Take this episode as a cheap lesson to be more responsible with your stuff... don't leave it sit out if you cannot trust those around you...

Hey it could be worse ... it could have been an ipad that they broke... then you would be out at least twice as much...

Yeah, it was really irresponsible of him to leave it in his locked bedroom. </sarcasm>

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Take this episode as a cheap lesson to be more responsible with your stuff...

Yeah, it was really irresponsible of him to leave it in his locked bedroom. </sarcasm>

WHAT.... Are you serious. IRRESPONSIBLE???? OP had his N7 in his room. Com'on man.....

sent from my GSIII from AC Forums

plumberdv

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
We've only seen/heard one side of the story. In fact, there's usually three sides, the OP's side, his Aunt's/Cousin's side and the real truth.

shoefreak03

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear. My only recommendation is buy accidental warranty, especially with young kids around. When your ready to buy your next nexus' get it at Walmart (if you have one nearby or can order online). They sell accidental warranty for $28 valid for 2 years. Cheapest I've found when I purchased mine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon