1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default questions about "app cache cleaner" app and how caching works in general

So as of now I have 2.2 gigs of storage space left to my hard drive, just cleared my cache so its at 0.

Even if I don't use an app just leave the tablet sitting there for a half hour or so it will say I have 400 some odd mob of cache stored, always 400 something and when the cache gets that high my internal storage will say I have 1.7 gigs of storage left, then I'll clear my cache and it goes right back to 2.2 gigs.

Is that supposed to happen? The chaching saving to my internal storage as if it was an app that takes up half an gig of space? I've never noticed cha he saving to hard drives on any other device before so in apologize if this is common knowledge and I'm just now noticing but if its my Xbox, a USB or my computer if I clear the cache the memory stays exactly the same.

So my question is really just is this normal? I feel like it shouldnt be happening like this. Thanks for any replies!

Default Re: questions about "app cache cleaner" app and how caching works in general

I think Windows just grabs a chunk of your disk to use as cache and never gives it back, so you don't get to see this effect. But yeah, it's normal.
    Android Powered Human

ROM
    Stock ROM / Rooted Kernel

Default Re: questions about "app cache cleaner" app and how caching works in general

It could be an app that has push notifications or constantly polls data for updates. I think Facebook works that way. Try turning off WiFi for a while and let it sit like normal and see if the cache space fills back up (it probably won't). If it doesn't fill up again, you'll know it's an app that's pulling data in the background. You can get an app that will show what apps are using data to try and narrow down the culprit. has some apps that will show your data usage, some total, some by individual app. appears to track data usage by app, so that may be your best bet. Good luck.

If I've helped, feel free to hit that "THANKS" button. It will make my day!