Why won't Google Search update?

tabletnovice

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
When swiping up for Google Search, I've started getting a card that says a new version is available and to "update on Play Store." I click the link to the app and get a message that my "content filtering level doesn't allow me to download this item." As far as I know, my settings are fine. This is a key system app and I should not be having this problem. I have plenty of memory and plenty of space on my tablet. All other programs update problem-free. I've tried to update both via my tablet and my computer. Nada!

Has anyone else experience this? Anyone find a solution? Thank you.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Go directly to the play store and try it that way. I've had no problems here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
what is your content filtering set to. open the play store app, hit menu (top right button) settings, content filtering. ALL of them should be checked

if that isn't the problem:
maybe try clearing market cache and google search data/cache. that is my only suggestion as i had no issues updating through the play store.

last resort, clear data on the play store app and sign in again. this may cure it.

tabletnovice

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
turdbogis, I have the content filtering set to "Low Maturity." My grandchildren use my tablet a lot. Why should this setting should prevent me from updating Google Search?

When I visited the Google Search app page with my tablet, I was able to select that the app be updated automatically. I'll see if this solves the problem and, if not, will try some of your other suggestions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781