Resetting "Just Once/Always"??

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I pressed 'always' by mistake while selecting the instant message option between whatsapp and original phone sms app. I tried every thing to reset the just once / always option for my instant messaging app (between default sms and whatsapp). Nothing seems to work. I can not add new ppl to my whatsapp contacts, neither can I send whatsapp messages through my contacts. because every time I choose to message someone from my contacts list, the app takes me to default sms app. Every time I reset the defaults, it comes back on. Don't know why and how to get rid of it. Any suggestions?

Go to Settings - - Applications - - scroll down to the app you want changed - - click it. Somewhere in the description and other wording is a Choice to Clear all Defaults. This is the same with any chosen similar app. Example, I hit Always on Internet but wanted Chrome. I got thru the settings.. apps.. Click on Internet and Clear all defaults.

This Allows me to cover again next time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I accidentally pressed the always button to use my Facebook videos. How do I rest it ?. I want complete action using.. always/just once

Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried any of the methods mentioned above in this thread?

Also, could you be a little more specific? Which app did you select to play your Facebook videos? If you know which app it is, go to Settings>Apps>All, select that app, then tap "Clear Defaults."

s_nelson

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
When sending a text message from my Nexus 5 I received a warning before the text was sent saying 'this number will text you back and it will cost' and I then clicked 'never allow'. After this my message will not send. I've been into app settings and tried reset but it doesn't seem to work on messages. Help! I now need to text this number!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Since you have a Nexus 5, I assume you're using Hangouts for text messaging. Open Hangouts, make sure you're on the main page (and not in one of the messaging threads), tap Menu>Settings>[your Google account], then scroll all the way down and tap Blocked people​. Do you see the number there?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if this might be a function of your cellular provider. Try calling them and asking them if they have any control over this.

andyysmith007

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I ran through the whole post, but couldnt find answer for the problem I am facing.

I am using a smart phone Lenovo A369i, which I bought about a month ago. And I have mistakenly selected the "Always Use" option after the More Ringtone option in the Settings > Audio Profile > "MyProfile" > Phone Ringtone > More Ringtones...

Now whenever I tap on More ringtones (attached screenshot), I cannot select any saved file from my SD card.

The "Clear Default" button is disabled in the Settings > Apps > Drive (i mean google drive)

I do not want to reset all app preferences. Can you please assist?

View attachment 102754

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, your attachment won't open. I'm trying to understand clearly what your situation is--what did you specify to "Always Use" when selecting the More Ringtones option? Did you actually select Google Drive? This would seem unlikely, since Google Drive keeps files in the cloud, not locally. Do you remember if you selected some File Manager app? Different phones may come with different stock file managers, and some don't have one at all. Check your Settings>Apps>All list, and see if there's anything called File Manager, My Files, or something similar--then select that app and tap Clear Defaults. See if that helps.

andyysmith007

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your response..

Well the situation is that.. Previously When I used to select the More Ringtones, it used to give me two options, in the "Complete Action Using" list.
1. Drive (that is google drive)
2. I do not remember what it was, may be it was file manager
3. If there was a 3rd option, I am not sure about, as I never used it, I dont remember

Whatever the options were, the second option seemed to be the most appropriate and I used that one, and it used to list the music files in my card.
But now it is not asking for any options? just directly opening the app for google drive in offline mode.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how to solve this besides the Reset All App Preferences option. It's not that bad--you'll just be prompted to select your defaults again each time you need to, and all Disabled apps will be re-enabled, so you'll have to Disable them again.

Posted via Android Central App

andyysmith007

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Oh it all just got sorted. I figured what was wrong.

I actually never selected the Always option for google drive.

My phone used to be running out of the memory, it always used to show a memory utilization of about 90%-95%.
So I had disabled about 10 apps that I do not use, from the Settings > Apps > All.
One of them was the Google Play Music (I use the VLC beta version so I thought I can play music with this, and so do not need the one provided by default). These were dafault apps so I disabled instead if uninstalling.

Now after my last post I realized that it might be happening for this reason.
The correct option that I used to select was the "Google Play Music" and it used to list the files from my card.
I just enabled that app, and now i have that option again.

I appreciate for your response. People really get a lot of help through your suggestions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Great! Glad you figured it out, and explained it as well, because that will also be very helpful for others in the same boat.

Posted via Android Central App

lorlei29

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I still can't get my Reset of Just once / Always... I have cleared all defaults and it still will not use my gallery for uploading photos to Facebook or pages manager. I accidentally chose photos that had been taken with the camera on phone for always vs. Gallery for all albums (scrapbook. downloads etc... ) I can't get it back. Can anyone help? Galaxy Note 3

Last edited:

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
The following is the correct procedure to reset the Just Once/Always. This is app specific so you'll have to do this for any app you're having issues with

Tap the device menu button
Tap Settings
Locate the Application manager
Swipe to the left until you get to the All section
Scroll down until you find the application that's set as the default (such as gallery or photo's)
Tap the entry for the application
Tap Clear defaults

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In addition to what ffejjj described, you can also reset all app preferences by going to Settings>Apps, and tapping the menu button at the upper right, and tapping Reset App Preferences. This will do a universal clearance of defaults (and will also re-enable any disabled apps).

bibiz_20

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I need help :(

I accidentally pressed the "always" instead of "just once"on my LG Optimus when sending a picture from my gallery now i can only send pictures from. My "drive" how can i change this back ?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I need help :(

I accidentally pressed the "always" instead of "just once"on my LG Optimus when sending a picture from my gallery now i can only send pictures from. My "drive" how can i change this back ?

Look at the 2 posts above yours