Nexus 7 Broken Screen Replacement -I think i found your screen!

oxidax

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
So, i know how you feel.. You dropped your N7 and it broke. Me on the other hand have no idea how my screen cracked and stopped functioning but i feel your disappointment.
I know how hard it is to find a replacement and how ASUS F****d us over without a coverage ! It sucks! but Ive been researching and found this on Alibaba:

100% Original For Google Nexus 7 LCD Display Screen Touch Screen digitizer Assembly Replacement

It looks legit! I messaged the guy for prices and this is what he replied with:

Thank you for your inquiry, if you need one pcs

I can offer you a deal as below

$130.00, including the shipping, send by China Post Air Mail, has the tracking number. 10-15 business days to USA
$150.00, including the shipping. send by EMS, has the tracking number.3-5 business days to USA

Please kindly reply this email with your thought

Hope to hear from you soon
Best wishes
Henry

I went ahead and ordered one.I'll be posting pics as soon as i get it to let you guys know. I think the price is right comparing it with how other people are selling these and specially how ASUS is charging $170 for a repair.

oxidax

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Would you PLEASE buy my broken tablet?
I had it on ebay for $50 and it didn't sell and I didn't want to sell it for less than that plus i need my tablet to be able to work and organize my stuff. I had no more options!

iHelpYouShy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Aren't the 8gbs running for $150 nowadays? Might as well get a brand new one.
If I was in that situation, I'd go ahead and send it to Asus as they are a big company and this is their product.
Nonetheless, good luck!

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
You can get a 2yr Squaretrade warranty for $49 or 3 yr for $69. Covers everything....

Doesn't help after the fact, which would include:
- people who don't foresee a need for insurance because they generally take care of their stuff, don't have kids/pets, and generally feel the risk isn't high enough to warrant the extra cost
- people who receive them as gifts and don't think about looking into warranties
- people who don't trust aftermarket warranty companies

A Squaretrade or similar warranty does make a lot of sense for a lot of people, but there are going to be people who need a screen fixed without a warranty.

Azwizzard

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't help after the fact, which would include:
- people who don't foresee a need for insurance because they generally take care of their stuff, don't have kids/pets, and generally feel the risk isn't high enough to warrant the extra cost
- people who receive them as gifts and don't think about looking into warranties
- people who don't trust aftermarket warranty companies

A Squaretrade or similar warranty does make a lot of sense for a lot of people, but there are going to be people who need a screen fixed without a warranty.

True,
- if your screen is already broken this isn't much help... (Which is the case of the author)
- in many cases, people usually don't think about insurance on electronics until after they "need" it. I take care of my things, but *stuff* happens and things break. You can buy insurance and never need to use it, buy it and use it, not buy it and never need it, or not buy it and wish you had. The choice it a personal one and up to you.
- I guess if it is a "gift" and it breaks, then you haven't really lost any $$ (unless you pay to repair / replace it)
- Who you trust is up to you. Anyone should do their homework / research on their own before purchasing anything (especially on-line) including insurance. If you do research, you will most likely find that Squaretrade has very positive reviews. Again, the choice is a personal one.

If you don't want it, don't get it. I was just letting people know at least 1 more option.
but it was just a FYI for others out there that might be looking for a "cheaper"

luvpkn

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Right, many places are selling much cheaper than that on Alibaba that Oxidax mentioned, such as this Google Nexus 7 Tablet Digitizer Touch Screen.

The screen and digitizer need to be fused together, the cost of both fused is $159.35 without postage, I just got off the phone with ASUS Australia and they quoted $260.00 to replace the screen, mine cracked of friday during our record hot temps whilst charging........F#$%King C$#ts

tinachau

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
The screen and digitizer need to be fused together, the cost of both fused is $159.35 without postage, I just got off the phone with ASUS Australia and they quoted $260.00 to replace the screen, mine cracked of friday during our record hot temps whilst charging........F#$%King C$#ts

Sorry to hear that. There is also the LCD screen and digitizer assemly, which costs about $160. Maybe you can buy the screen replacement part, and replace it by yourself according to the repair video. But if you're not sure you can do it, you can carry the screen replacement part to a local repair shop. Hope this can help you. Good luck.