Question about the 6 icons taskbar of Nexus 7

RobertRotth

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey. I'm the new and proud owner of Nexus 7, this little piece of jewelry...

But I have one noob question: Based on what are selected the icons from the fixed taskbar (the bottom one with the 6 icons)? Because in some unboxing reviews on youtube they show some icons on that taskbar, I have some other icons and so on... For example, I don't have that ebooks icon, the magazine tab on the home page, etc.

So, any enlightening will be good for my knowledge.

Cheers.
Robert.

RobertRotth

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the answer. I knew that. That's not what I asked. I was referring to the icons chosen by Android in the taskbar ON THE FIRST launch of nexus 7. The one that are already in there when unboxing and first start of the tablet.

shona001

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't understand what your question is. Do you want to know how to change those icons or are you just wondering if they are always the same ones when the Nexus comes out of the box? If the latter, I have no idea what icons were there when I got it, the first thing I did was get rid of most of the ones that were there and replace them with the apps I use the most, in my case I have Playstore, MX player, chrome, music, gmail and Kindle. I then have my next most used apps and games on my main homescreen.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the answer. I knew that. That's not what I asked. I was referring to the icons chosen by Android in the taskbar ON THE FIRST launch of nexus 7. The one that are already in there when unboxing and first start of the tablet.

You mean these?
vW3g1.png

I just took that screenshot from some random unboxing video after they first set up the tablet. I really don't remember if my icons were like that on first launch because I went and changed them. You should have all those apps though if you look in the app drawer if your icons are different at the bottom.

RobertRotth

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
You mean these?
http://i.imgur.com/vW3g1.png

I just took that screenshot from some random unboxing video after they first set up the tablet. I really don't remember if my icons were like that on first launch because I went and changed them. You should have all those apps though if you look in the app drawer if your icons are different at the bottom.

^^ I mean exactly that. I didn't had the second, third and fourth icons when I first started the tablet (there was Chrome and something else, can't remember what it was) and I thought maybe someone has played with it in the store, or something. I don't even have that apps in the apps drawer, where you can see all the apps installed....It came in a sealed box, but you may never know. If this matters, I'm in the Eastern Europe.

Thanks for your answers and patience...

Robert

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
If google books, magazines and movies are not available in your jurisdiction, it makes sense those icons would be hidden.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
If google books, magazines and movies are not available in your jurisdiction, it makes sense those icons would be hidden.

This. Some locations do not have some of the Google media apps available due to European and other license restrictions, so those apps would not be on your device if purchased there. You could have one purchased in the US, for example, and shipped to you and you would have those apps, but they would not work anywhere you would normally be. Only if you connected via VPN service that used, again for example, servers in North America, would you be able to use them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy