help! DRM pdf books Nexus

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a library account and download digital rights protected books from the library to my PC with Adobe Digital Editions. It was no problem xfering them to my Nook.

Now, with my Nexus, I plug it in to my USB port and Adobe Digital Editions doesn't recognize it, can't drag and drop.

I've "sideloaded" the file to the Nexus, but of course, it won't open with Adiko or any other reader, since it hasn't been allowed to by Adobe Rights management.

Is there a program I can either install on my PC OR Nexus to be able to read rights manged books I get from the library(as opposed to amazon or B&N). BTW, I have Overdrive but it only works for certain books.

tx

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The only way to sideload would be to remove the drm as mentioned above.

As you already know, you can download books available through overdrive using the overdrive app on your n7.

In terms of other adobe drm'ed book sources, aldiko does allow you set up "catalogs" and then does handle the downloading and authenticating of the drm. The problem is that the last time I looked, there was an incompatibility between this feature in the current version and jellybean, no idea if this is fixed yet. If not, you would need to find an older copy of aldiko where the catalog feature is accessible.

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
tx both. For some reason, overdrive would not open the Adobe pdf book format, so I did download the DRM removal tool as a trial and it worked, Wish this wasn't such a p.i.t.a.

The mfgrs want to discourage simple, compatibility with legal epub files so you are forced to buy on through their own service. Most Nook/Tablet owners don't even know you can get free library books if you go through the hassle of figuring out the process.

sk

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
tx both. For some reason, overdrive would not open the Adobe pdf book format, so I did download the DRM removal tool as a trial and it worked, Wish this wasn't such a p.i.t.a.

Did you try to redownload the book through the overdrive app? That should have worked...

[edit]: I think the overdrive pdfs are not compatible with their android app, only their epubs.

Last edited:

tmaze

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Mantano Reader will open books with Adobe drm. There is a free version so it,s easy to try it out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon