Nooo! Screen is scratched!

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
After a month of use, my N7 was holding up awesomely. Have it protected in a case, always watch where I put it, and it never leaves my house.

Much to my dismay, however, several days ago it developed an ugly scratch on screen; it's quite noticeable in any angle, and it has a distorted color line where it's at when the screen is on. Is there any way to cover up this ugly blemish? :(

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

Last edited:

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
It is not possible to cover a scratch on glass. What you can do, if you're desperate, is read through these forums.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
We're you the guy who asked if a screen protector was worth it?

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I also read toothpaste works, though I wouldn't try it myself.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

Yeah, how'd you know?

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I also read toothpaste works, though I wouldn't try it myself.

Yeah, how'd you know?

I read through the thread but I thought it was the op.

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone confirm success using any method?

I read through the thread but I thought it was the op.

This was a long time ago though.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

Nope, I'm one of the many people who said "heh beat the living crap out of it and it hasn't so much as a single scratch, no worries" :p

Also, just applied a buttload of toothpaste with moderate pressure, no avail.

Sent from my HTC One X

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
You might want to put a screen protector on it to cover the scratch. My wife's iPhone had a nice size scratch on it from dropping it on concrete, put a screen protector and you can't even see it.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
You might want to put a screen protector on it to cover the scratch. My wife's iPhone had a nice size scratch on it from dropping it on concrete, put a screen protector and you can't even see it.

Thanks! I'll look into that. Does she have an anti glare or clear protector?

Sent from my HTC One X

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I'm one of the many people who said "heh beat the living crap out of it and it hasn't so much as a single scratch, no worries" :p

Also, just applied a buttload of toothpaste with moderate pressure, no avail.

Sent from my HTC One X

Ok.. Now you know it comes when you least expect it.

I can vouch on this statement I had a scratch on my pebble s3 that worried the hell out of me. I threw a zagg screen protector on and couldn't even tell it was there even when I pulled it off for the warranty

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
If my windshield gets nicked the windshield guys have a sealer which is not supposed to be noticeable.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
After a month of use, my N7 was holding up awesomely. Have it protected in a case, always watch where I put it, and it never leaves my house.

Much to my dismay, however, several days ago it developed an ugly scratch on screen; it's quite noticeable in any angle, and it has a distorted color line where it's at when the screen is on. Is there any way to cover up this ugly blemish? :(

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

There is a solution advertised for eyeglasses that supposedly fills in the fine scratches and turns the lenses back to "new". I never bought any to try because I just get cheap reading glasses at the Dollar Store, LOL.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar