basic set of applications,needed?

paparazzo79

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I bought mine,but seems like I don't know to use it very well.I need someone to tell me which basic important applications do I need to install for it's use.
I need rar archiver,some mp3 audio players,good video player with subtitle support,maybe some good widgets (system tools,weather),some pdf viewer,and browser which supports java and flash..
I want to use it for multimedia,reading e-books mostly,just like some basic applications that every user needs in like MS windows.thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Google Drive connects your device to the Google cloud storage, as well as giving you a decent basic productivity suite (word processor, spreadsheet, etc).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
OK.what browser supports flash and java?I need it for webcam viewing on some sites....

I use Boat if I need a browser that supports Flash.
Kingsoft Office is a decent office app for Word, Excel, Powerpoint and PDF view/update. You can also get Adobe Reader and/or Kindle for reading PDFs.

Forgot to mention...... 3D Digital Weather Clock is the widget I have on my devices. You can set it to include the battery level.

Last edited:

paparazzo79

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I've installed Boat but when I run website with live webcam on,it simply won't work,it doesn't show any signs of live webcam...

I use Boat if I need a browser that supports Flash.
Kingsoft Office is a decent office app for Word, Excel, Powerpoint and PDF view/update. You can also get Adobe Reader and/or Kindle for reading PDFs.

Forgot to mention...... 3D Digital Weather Clock is the widget I have on my devices. You can set it to include the battery level.

paparazzo79

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Guys I am little confused about different answers here,someone says try this browser,somene that...which is the easiest way to make flash work on jelly bean and my nexus 7?

MichaelBR

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I suggest you try each of the recommendations, and see which works better for you.

I personally like ezPDF (for PDFs) and Dolphin Browser (for... browsing).