Two keyboards in nexus 7

abdul_7

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, I have a nexus 7 and I would like to have two keyboards English and Arabic without changing the device language. I am running vanilla JB on my device.

Abdul

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
No need to install anything. If you are using the stock JB keyboard, it's pretty simple to do.

Bring up the keyboard. Long press and then release the microphone icon (you'll see there are three dots under the icon, too, indicating more options with a long press). A window will pop up with a menu. Choose the Input Languages option. A new menu will pop up. Under Active Input Languages, choose all the languages you want to have available. Then press the Back button.

Bring up the keyboard again. Long press the space bar. The Choose Input Method menu will appear. Select the language you want to use.

Hopefully Google Translate did this right:

حظا سعيدا

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
No need to install anything. If you are using the stock JB keyboard, it's pretty simple to do.

Bring up the keyboard. Long press and then release the microphone icon (you'll see there are three dots under the icon, too, indicating more options with a long press). A window will pop up with a menu. Choose the Input Languages option. A new menu will pop up. Under Active Input Languages, choose all the languages you want to have available. Then press the Back button.

Bring up the keyboard again. Long press the space bar. The Choose Input Method menu will appear. Select the language you want to use.

Hopefully Google Translate did this right:

حظا سعيدا
Didn't mean to reply, how do you delete an accidental reply?

Your tips on how to manipulate the keyboard are very useful. Would you consider posting them on the tips and tricks sticky? How the heck would anyone know this? Thanks

Last edited:

flacousa

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Your tips on how to manipulate the keyboard are very useful. Would you consider posting them on the tips and tricks sticky? How the heck would anyone know this? Thanks

I use English and Spanish and figured it out the first day after getting the Nexus 7 by reading the soft guidebook included with the tablet.

Sent from planet earth

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I use English and Spanish and figured it out the first day after getting the Nexus 7 by reading the soft guidebook included with the tablet.
Good for you! Yes, the Nexus 7 guidebook is helpful in many ways. I'm happy it worked that way for you.

But I just took a quick look at the guidebook. I couldn't find as precise of an explanation of how to add and change languages as what I wrote. All I saw was how to get to the settings section.

There are different ways to learn things - read manuals, trial and error, take a class, ask questions in forums, etc. It all depends on the person and the situation. For you, the guidebook was helpful. For me, I mostly do trial and error. For the OP, this forum worked exactly as it was intended.

anon(6044645)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone provide advice on how to make Arabic and English available on a blue tooth keyboard? I followed the instruction above and figured out how to toggle between Arabic and English, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it on my Zagg bluetooth keyboard paired with my Google Nexus 7. Alf shukr.

eddied1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Didn't mean to reply, how do you delete an accidental reply?

That was very useful new info. Many thanks.
Eddied

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol