Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I delete Google Now?

When I turn on my N7, Google Now opens. I turned it off in settings and now Google Now still opens but with no cards. I want my N7 to bypass Google Now and go straight to my home page when I turn it on. Is that possible? Thanks.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: How do I delete Google Now?

Quote Originally Posted by xrayscatter View Post
    When I turn on my N7, Google Now opens. I turned it off in settings and now Google Now still opens but with no cards. I want my N7 to bypass Google Now and go straight to my home page when I turn it on. Is that possible? Thanks.
    Just disable it like you did... it sounds like when you unlock you are dragging the lock ring up to the Google Now option. Just drag it to the right to the unlock icon and you should go right to your homescreen.

Dont delete it. just disable or something. later you would come here with tons of issue because of deleting google now.

one example is your OTA update will fail.

As far as I know, you can't delete it because it's built into the operating system. I think you would have to be rooted and maybe use an alternative ROM to do this. But this is like anything else - just keep using your N7 and you'll get used to swiping in the correct direction when unlocking, thereby bypassing Google Now. Or simply disable the lock screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by xrayscatter View Post
    How are you unlocking your device? Dragging up on the icon will automatically open Google Now. Dragging the icon to the right will go to the homescreen.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks!!! That works!!!