Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    stock

Default Dolphin browser question

I switched to Dolphin browser for the heck of it. Chrome was mostly fine but I really like the interface Dolphin has, especially the bookmark swipe feature.

But one thing that irks me is the URL form. In Chrome when u type in the URL bar to search u can still see the page u r on. But in Dolphin when u select the search it takes over the entire screen. I really hate this and am wondering if there is a way to make it act like chrome?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Dolphin browser question

Have you tried Boat Browser? I find it preferable especially as it still works well with Flash and is most like a desktop browser in the way it acts. I think it costs a couple dollars, but I used my $25 credit to purchase it.

Global Posts
    459 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eaton Scrapple View Post
    Have you tried Boat Browser? I find it preferable especially as it still works well with Flash and is most like a desktop browser in the way it acts. I think it costs a couple dollars, but I used my $25 credit to purchase it.
    I second Boat Browser. I really liked Dolphin but after trying Boat I switched to it and bought the license.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sparksd View Post
    I second Boat Browser. I really liked Dolphin but after trying Boat I switched to it and bought the license.
    I really like Boat's look and feel and also bought the license but, on my N7, it freezes frequently or just stops communicating with the network and links are no longer active. The only resolution to these problems is to close the browser down and reopen it. I'm not sure what the underlying problem is since the N7 is running a pure unvarnished version of Android.