Speakers blown ?

Abhinav Srivastava

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I just got a new Nexus 7 32 tablet. Initially, the speakers were sounding like they were blown out, though after a while the 'rattle' is gone.
However, when I play the stereo audio test on youtube
Stereo Audio Test (Left, Right) - YouTube,
there is no sound for the right channel. I understand this is a mono speaker, but it should play both channels.. right?
Can anyone confirm on his/her nexus7 is both channels are working fine.

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Both fine. Would rather have a little Beethoven or Armstrong or even scales to get fidelity check.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine three... Good news is Google has rapid replacement and it is a known issue (they'll have you do a full factory reset while on the phone). Bad news, I've been waiting on a RMA and a shipment notification, which come from a different place ( I suspect Asus) since 12/19/12. Emailed them (replied to the email google sent me while I was on the phone with them) on the 24th for an update and got a quick reply saying they sent them a reminder.....

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Found a vid that will help, sort of. If you check the comments for me, you'll see where I used a piece of foam instead of his solution. Not to spoil the ending but FYI, you still have one good speaker.....

youtube.com/watch?v=bJbpyRjvg7A

My comment on youtube:

Mat Helm 1 second ago
Thanks to your vid, I opened mine up. But having called google on 12/19/12 to take advantage of their "rapid replacement" warranty, I didn't want to do anything permanent or even hot glue'ish. But tiring of ear buds and being that I still haven't received my promised (twice now) RMA and/or shipment notification (01/04/13) I had to do something. So having read somewhere else a while back about foam, I snipped a piece (1/4x1/4x1/4 roughly) from my mattress pad and placed it over the offending speaker. Wa La... problem solved. At least the one problem, still waiting on google. 17 days kinda takes the rapid outta rapid replacement huh....