weird problem with battery...

paparazzo79

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
When I firstly bought my Nexus I charged it for like 8 hours,then haven't used it so much,I used it over charger,2-3 times for like maximum 30 minutes.Last night I am sure I turned it off,when it was connected on my charger.
Today when I turned it on,I saw on my battery status,0 % Charging 3min 30 sec left on battery,which means battery was totally empty.I unplugged the charger and nexus 7 switched off.
What happened?I still have that problem with power on off,and like today I had to hold that damn button for like 20 sec to turn it on.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Charging 3min 30 sec left on battery,which means battery was totally empty.I unplugged the charger and nexus 7 switched off.

Your device will not and cannot indicate specifically how much battery 'time' you have left, as that depends entirely on usage; unless you're basing that off an app. I'm guessing you misread "3min 30 sec LEFT on battery" with "3min 30sec ON battery"--e.g., it's been unplugged from your charger for 3 minutes.

If your device is actually, literally turning off and cannot be woken due to dead battery--even though it's supposedly charged up--you need to get it replaced. That's not a software issue, I don't think. Please take a screenshot of your battery consumption graph, so I can see the issue a bit clearer.

I had a problem with the battery indicator when I first got the device (and am just re-experiencing it with the new 4.1.2 update). Basically, the indicator was crazy-messed up, and told me the battery was dying wayy too fast. Nothing wrong with the battery itself--I used the device until it died a few times, and that seemed to re-calibrate the battery indicator. Your issue is different though, if your device actually turns off due to low battery when you just charged it.

paparazzo79

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
ImageBam

Your device will not and cannot indicate specifically how much battery 'time' you have left, as that depends entirely on usage; unless you're basing that off an app. I'm guessing you misread "3min 30 sec LEFT on battery" with "3min 30sec ON battery"--e.g., it's been unplugged from your charger for 3 minutes.

If your device is actually, literally turning off and cannot be woken due to dead battery--even though it's supposedly charged up--you need to get it replaced. That's not a software issue, I don't think. Please take a screenshot of your battery consumption graph, so I can see the issue a bit clearer.

I had a problem with the battery indicator when I first got the device (and am just re-experiencing it with the new 4.1.2 update). Basically, the indicator was crazy-messed up, and told me the battery was dying wayy too fast. Nothing wrong with the battery itself--I used the device until it died a few times, and that seemed to re-calibrate the battery indicator. Your issue is different though, if your device actually turns off due to low battery when you just charged it.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Hmm battery looks fine to me--seems to have charged well, is discharging at a normal rate, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong, but your issue is that your device turns off when unplugged? Like, it just falls asleep after a short period of disuse, or it literally shuts down and you have to boot it up again? Falling asleep is normal, shutting down isn't.

Either way, your battery itself is healthy, so I don't think there are any hardware issues. The battery indicator can be a little confusing if you're never had an android device before--I know it confused me too. The page you took a screenshot of indicates the following: how long since the last time you turned the device on; and, what percent of used battery was used by what applications. E.g., of the 6% of battery used, 81% of that usage went to power the screen. You can dim the screen to save battery.

paparazzo79

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
ihave 16gb version. well tablet discarge the battery over night,although I'm sure I have switched it off.now I charged it for 18 hours,and I got tjis result from screenshot...should I imstall amy of the battery widgets to see how long this tablet can work om battery?

paparazzo79

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Well that morning when I plugged it onto charhger I saw 0% indicator on battery status,like I explained in previous post,and when I unpluged it from charger,I expected the nexus 7 will turn off to save the battery and it did.But I don't know what discharged the battery over night,because I am sure I shut it down normally...that is what I worry about.
Now I left 85 % of battery (I worked on tablet for 1 hour and 15 min on tablet),I hope that is expected power consumption..15 % for 1 hour of work on battery

Hmm battery looks fine to me--seems to have charged well, is discharging at a normal rate, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong, but your issue is that your device turns off when unplugged? Like, it just falls asleep after a short period of disuse, or it literally shuts down and you have to boot it up again? Falling asleep is normal, shutting down isn't.

Either way, your battery itself is healthy, so I don't think there are any hardware issues. The battery indicator can be a little confusing if you're never had an android device before--I know it confused me too. The page you took a screenshot of indicates the following: how long since the last time you turned the device on; and, what percent of used battery was used by what applications. E.g., of the 6% of battery used, 81% of that usage went to power the screen. You can dim the screen to save battery.

paparazzo79

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm something is happening.Yesterday I left it to charge for 12 hours (battery had left 20 % ),and today when I turned it on I see only 41 % left, not 100 % (that battery is fully charged).I'm so sad I think I will return it back,because it seems to me that battery isn't charging the right way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781