Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts

Default Re: Headphone output volume low?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Brown1 View Post
    I've given up. I bought SkullCandy headphones...no improvement...even with the bass amplifier turned up. Bought a set of Bose QC2 noise cancelling headphones....again...no improvement. Now I just watch movies on my HTC DNA cellphone which provides much more sound with the Bose. Granted, I'm on an airplane, but if I listen to music, it kicks ****....try a movie and you can barely hear it. This is definitely an issue with Jelly Bean.
    Have you updated to 4.3? Again, I highly recommend the FiiO amp.

Quick bump of this thread to give advice:
    If you're using Speaker Boost, I recommend you ditch it. The makers look like they don't care about the app anymore. If you get PlayerPro and its accompanying audio pack, you can kick the pre-amp to the max, so there won't be any need for Speaker Boost. Hope this helps.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tflash View Post
    try the speakerboost app
    it boosts the audio output,but it can damage your speakers, or your ears.
    surprised...this app worked pretty good.....Never thought my nex would get this loud

Update...my mistake speakerboost wasn't good.....tried the pro player other suggested....love it..the bass is sick....still need something louder though....I want something so loud that I don't have to turn it all the way up to get good volume
    Last edited by No Name3; 09-09-2013 at 10:58 PM.

The volume level is set at about 50% when you have the headphone jack inserted. When you increase the volume level, it immediately reverts to the lower level when you close the settings. What I want to know is. Why did the reviewers who gave the Nexus 7 such glowing reports, not pick up on this? I'm regretting buying this pile of junk now.

Angry Re: Headphone output volume low?

Have same issue with Samsung S4. Volume boost and max volume is similar to 10% volume of my previous phone (iPhone 4s).

Tried with some extremely loud headphones I usually only use when DJing (over 200 bucks), could not have more than 30% of max before w/o bleeding ears. The main issue however is that the volume "turns normal" when talking on the phone, which makes the experience very painful. Also, it usually turns somewhat normal for 1/4s when changing song manually. Seems to be some glitch, or sound limiter of sort.

Tried the volume booster (a bit louder on 0%, but lowers volume when increasing (???))

Anyone have a fix for the Samsung S4, cause' it's pissing me of...

Stumbled onto this thread when my new Note 3 had terribly low output volume...through headphones and in my car. I use Google Play Music as my player. I fixed my issue by going into the settings and toggling my Equalizer on and off...the sound immediately went to normal! I'm hoping it's this easy for you Nexus 7 crowd! Whatever player you use just try to turn on/off your equalizer and see if it works....worth a try!

I have not found a good software fix for this and its really disappointing as it has a major impact on the usefulness of the Nexus 7 as a media device when traveling.

However, based on the recommendation above I tried the FIIO amp and it does help A LOT.

Guys one and only solution for 4.2.2 but it's a rather decent one. Download XBCM media player (just google it). Kind of awkward interface fr 50MB+ but plays any media and boosts volume to levels unheard of even on an iPhone. Watch your ears and your speakers tho

The XBMC actually works and solved my issue!!

New Nexus 7 Headphones Volume Restriction SIMPLE Override Instructions

Headphone output volume low?-p1030064.jpg

1. Switch on the nexus 7
    2. Headphones must be plugged in to the nexus 7
    3. Press and hold the hard volume rocker + switch until the following message appears:-
    Raise volume above recommended level?
    Listening at high volume for long periods may damage your health
    Cancel OK

4. You may now go into a video or audio program and adjust the volume from 0% to 100%
    5. Repeat each time the nexus is switched on BUT please don't damage your ears!
    6. Thank to the new Manager of Currys PCWorld, Witney Branch, for obtaining this information
    Last edited by markskinner; 02-25-2014 at 10:22 AM.

I tired 10 or so apps and finally found this one that works:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123