05-11-2017 05:53 AM
72 123
tools
    I've given up. I bought SkullCandy headphones...no improvement...even with the bass amplifier turned up. Bought a set of Bose QC2 noise cancelling headphones....again...no improvement. Now I just watch movies on my HTC DNA cellphone which provides much more sound with the Bose. Granted, I'm on an airplane, but if I listen to music, it kicks ****....try a movie and you can barely hear it. This is definitely an issue with Jelly Bean.
    Have you updated to 4.3? Again, I highly recommend the FiiO amp.
    08-05-2013 08:52 PM
    Quick bump of this thread to give advice:
    If you're using Speaker Boost, I recommend you ditch it. The makers look like they don't care about the app anymore. If you get PlayerPro and its accompanying audio pack, you can kick the pre-amp to the max, so there won't be any need for Speaker Boost. Hope this helps.
    No Name3 likes this.
    09-06-2013 10:57 AM
    try the speakerboost app
    it boosts the audio output,but it can damage your speakers, or your ears.
    surprised...this app worked pretty good.....Never thought my nex would get this loud

Update...my mistake speakerboost wasn't good.....tried the pro player other suggested....love it..the bass is sick....still need something louder though....I want something so loud that I don't have to turn it all the way up to get good volume
    09-09-2013 10:48 PM
    The volume level is set at about 50% when you have the headphone jack inserted. When you increase the volume level, it immediately reverts to the lower level when you close the settings. What I want to know is. Why did the reviewers who gave the Nexus 7 such glowing reports, not pick up on this? I'm regretting buying this pile of junk now.
    09-17-2013 01:53 PM
    Have same issue with Samsung S4. Volume boost and max volume is similar to 10% volume of my previous phone (iPhone 4s).

Tried with some extremely loud headphones I usually only use when DJing (over 200 bucks), could not have more than 30% of max before w/o bleeding ears. The main issue however is that the volume "turns normal" when talking on the phone, which makes the experience very painful. Also, it usually turns somewhat normal for 1/4s when changing song manually. Seems to be some glitch, or sound limiter of sort.

Tried the volume booster (a bit louder on 0%, but lowers volume when increasing (???))

Anyone have a fix for the Samsung S4, cause' it's pissing me of...
    10-03-2013 05:20 AM
    Stumbled onto this thread when my new Note 3 had terribly low output volume...through headphones and in my car. I use Google Play Music as my player. I fixed my issue by going into the settings and toggling my Equalizer on and off...the sound immediately went to normal! I'm hoping it's this easy for you Nexus 7 crowd! Whatever player you use just try to turn on/off your equalizer and see if it works....worth a try!
    10-14-2013 01:39 AM
    I have not found a good software fix for this and its really disappointing as it has a major impact on the usefulness of the Nexus 7 as a media device when traveling.

However, based on the recommendation above I tried the FIIO amp and it does help A LOT.
    10-18-2013 03:22 PM
    Guys one and only solution for 4.2.2 but it's a rather decent one. Download XBCM media player (just google it). Kind of awkward interface fr 50MB+ but plays any media and boosts volume to levels unheard of even on an iPhone. Watch your ears and your speakers tho
    10-25-2013 12:14 AM
    The XBMC actually works and solved my issue!!
    02-17-2014 02:04 AM
    New Nexus 7 Headphones Volume Restriction SIMPLE Override Instructions

Headphone output volume low?-p1030064.jpg

1. Switch on the nexus 7
    2. Headphones must be plugged in to the nexus 7
    3. Press and hold the hard volume rocker + switch until the following message appears:-
    Raise volume above recommended level?
    Listening at high volume for long periods may damage your health
    Cancel OK

4. You may now go into a video or audio program and adjust the volume from 0% to 100%
    5. Repeat each time the nexus is switched on BUT please don't damage your ears!
    6. Thank to the new Manager of Currys PCWorld, Witney Branch, for obtaining this information
    02-25-2014 08:42 AM
    I tired 10 or so apps and finally found this one that works:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tauri.Earpiece
    03-29-2014 08:12 PM
    I have a galaxy note 10.1 and like others it has very low volume on both speakers and headphones. Simply i could not hear anything if there was any background noise such as when travelling on a plane. An earlier response recommended downloading an app called XBMC which I have just done and it works perfectly. The sound is much louder and better quality. The link is here: Download | XBMC
    05-24-2014 03:12 AM
    Have you updated to 4.3? Again, I highly recommend the FiiO amp.
    12-22-2014 10:58 AM
    I had the same problem on the plane trying to watch a movie. I have headphones not ear buds.

After reading this thread, I installed the app "XBMC" in google play. When I use it to try to watch a MP4 movie, it says I need to purchase the Yatse Unlocker at $4.99 to activate XBMC. Is that legitimate? Is there another way to install XBMC on my Galaxy S5 tablet?
    02-11-2015 04:48 PM
    I was also having this problem so I grabbed my turtle beach gaming headset plugged the head phone jack in and plugged the usb into a otg cable and boom that worked
    03-27-2015 02:59 AM
    I had this same issue with my G4. I downloaded an app called Speaker Booster. The icon is an orange circle with a white rectangular speaker on it, incase you can't find it. Seems to have done the trick!
    06-19-2015 02:52 PM
    A solution i found in the site theinforoom blog worked out. I even went to the customer service center once. If its the error; hope yours get fixed soon.
    11-02-2015 11:44 PM
    If you guys have an android device (you most likely do), just look for an app called "Volume Booster GOODEV". it boosts your device's maximum volume waaaaaaaay higher than you think, but the problem is that whenever you use an equalizer, it cannot work because the equalizers block it (i don't know why this happens). but if you want to try this app...
    here is the google play link.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....booster&hl=en
    I use it because my volume on my phone is so low I can barely hear anything that comes out of my earbuds.
    11-29-2016 04:26 PM
    02-11-2017 12:13 PM
    Anyone else notice this and have a fix? On max volume its just moderately loud.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    I fixed this issue on my new Samsung S8+. Go to settings then Bluetooth and click on the settings icon in the top right corner (three little dots) and click on Media Volume Sync and turn it on. You are welcome 😎
    04-24-2017 06:45 PM
    I fixed this issue on my new Samsung S8+. Go to settings then Bluetooth and click on the settings icon in the top right corner (three little dots) and click on Media Volume Sync and turn it on. You are welcome
    Don't see this option.
    04-24-2017 09:11 PM
    I had the same problem. Try to go to the equalizer settings on your phone and turn some things on and off. Sounds stupid but after I turned my music off and back on it worked a lot better
    05-11-2017 05:53 AM
72 123