JB 4.2

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
OK OK!!! I am sideloading now!! :)

Interesting article was recently posted that Google Voice does NOT work on 4.2. I use it ALL the time on my phone but no so much on my tablet so it is no biggie for me.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So I did the update and the home screen looks like it is now at a different DPI and the dock icons on Nova Launcher do not work. Is it possible I DLed 4.2 for the Nexus phone and not tablet?

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Still no update here :( settings>about tablet>software update>up to date... :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'll have to patiently wait. I'm really excited to see an official Swype on my tablet.

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I am new to android so i do not see diference between OTA, AND ABOUT TABLET>SOFTWARE UPDATE... sorry for beeing noob...

dwr3ck3d

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
So I did the update and the home screen looks like it is now at a different DPI and the dock icons on Nova Launcher do not work. Is it possible I DLed 4.2 for the Nexus phone and not tablet?

I don't think this is possible. I accidentally downloaded the wrong one (4.2 for Galaxy Nexus) and it said "installation aborted."

I can't speak for Nova Launcher, but the DPI does look a bit different on 4.2. Also, I think Nova Launcher will have to push you an update to resolve any issues with it. I believe they have to fix things each time a new update rolls out.

bez54

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi all.

I just got 4.2 on my Nexus 7 here in the UK OTA. Its awesome. I like the new quick settings menu. The DPI seems better and the lock screen options are a nice feature.

Does the Samsung Galaxy Nexus get this update at the same time? I have checked my phone but nothing yet. Its the GSM version with takju so I thought it would get it.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech