Any certified Miracast devices available for purchase now?

grafx1

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
After canceling my order for the Netgear PTV300 device (not certified ), I want to find a certified replacement device now that JB 4.2 is rolling out. Anything out there yet?

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I am interested in this as well, the specs say it supports Miracast devices but the Netgear page for the PVT3000 has this foot note *PTV3000 supports pre-standard compliant Miracast? wireless enabled display devices. What does pre-standard mean?

Last edited:

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
pre-standard mean the PTV3000 supported the Miracast standards before all the standards were finalized. I have the PTV3000 and until I get the new 4.2 upgrade I can't get it to stream the picture yet. It does connect but I can't enter the password on my N7 that I see on the TV screen.

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Shilohcane once you get 4.2 can you let us know if the N7 works properly with the PTV3000? I am reading on some posts that the N7 may not have support for Miracast even with 4.2 :-( that would be a real disappointment if that were true.

swolebiceps

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I just updated to 4.2 manually and have the PTV3000 still in the box at the house. Will play with it tonight and see if it works or if it is just a new door stop. :cool:

MaddSkillz

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Let us know! I'm so stoked about Miracast! I hopebthis update made it possible!

I thought that we could just buy a miracast HDMI adapter for $49 after this update and it would work.

So far I see no miracast options in settings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

rubi76

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I would say that Miracast is the only way to get the nexus 7 connected to the big screen, if it works.
Mhl at this point will definitely not work.
So if someone could confirm Miracast for tegra devices is indeed a software update, and 4.2 has an option for it, we could finally celebrate. Let us know!

Ps if you have a nexus 4 please let us know where to activate Miracast!

swolebiceps

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I just updated to 4.2 manually and have the PTV3000 still in the box at the house. Will play with it tonight and see if it works or if it is just a new door stop. :cool:

Sad sad day it is. We do not have the 'wireless display' option in Display settings for the Nexus 7. The small a## nexus 4 sure does.
Hope someone hacks it from the 4 to use with the Nexus 7. :mad:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

rjj1976

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
If you go into WiFi settings and then Menu WiFi Direct shows up. I have been able to make my Nexus 7 see my PTV3000 but have not been able to make it work yet. I can get it to show status of invite but that's as far as I get. I have sent Netgear an email about the problem. I did have to change the PTV3000 to miracast mode to get thew Nexus to see it.

MaddSkillz

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
If you go into WiFi settings and then Menu WiFi Direct shows up. I have been able to make my Nexus 7 see my PTV3000 but have not been able to make it work yet. I can get it to show status of invite but that's as far as I get. I have sent Netgear an email about the problem. I did have to change the PTV3000 to miracast mode to get thew Nexus to see it.

Yeah, I saw the WiFi Direct option as well.

Keep us posted!

presb4

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Shilohcane once you get 4.2 can you let us know if the N7 works properly with the PTV3000? I am reading on some posts that the N7 may not have support for Miracast even with 4.2 :-( that would be a real disappointment if that were true.

I have the N7 and as of today it has updated to 4.2, I also have the Netgear PTV3000 and hooked it all up just now with great excitement. Alas it does not work :( The tablet will find the ptv3000 under the WIDI settings but it is locked and I can not find anyway to do a final pairing.

In short, No the PTV3000 does not work with the N7 even after the 4.2 update. I guess we will just have to wait for Netgear of Google to fix it and that sucks because this was the one feature of 4.2 I really wanted to work.

chuchi78

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
As far as I've heard from numerous forums, the Nexus 7 isn't receiving Miracast support. Although you should be able to send images and videos to some Netgear or other devices via DLNA, screen miroring doesn't seem to be supported on that device. Miracast works through a certified high-bandwidth WiFi assembly that connects directly to a miracast receiver sans a WiFi network. So far, only the Nexus 10, Nexus 4, Samsung GS3 and Note 2 have the necessary components to mirror their displays using Miracast. It seems the N7 won't be getting it, but here's hoping someone figures it out somehow.

S Wang

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I believe Rocketfish? - Miracast Video Receiver (RF-WFD301) is Miracast certified. It is available at Best Buy for MSRP $79.99.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20