Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Default Re: 4.2 Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Wullie32 View Post
    My one real bugbear is the lockscreen, I hate how it looks when you wake it up and I don't like the new clock.
    Turn the lock screen off, it's useless. The cases have magnets in then that will wake the tablet when you open the cover and put it to sleep when you close it.

As for 4.2, I think there's not much difference. I love the keyboard and panoramic camera, but I don't see what else is added that I can play with.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by roblox84 View Post
    As for 4.2, I think there's not much difference. I love the keyboard and panoramic camera, but I don't see what else is added that I can play with.
    Is the panoramic camera different than the one on 4.1.2?

Turn the lock screen off, it's useless. The cases have magnets in then that will wake the tablet when you open the cover and put it to sleep when you close it.

The official cases don't have that feature, which is bloody ridiculous really.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysus View Post
    Is the panoramic camera different than the one on 4.1.2?
    Honestly I'm not sure if the old version had that feature, this is the first time I'm playing with the camera. After seeing the commercials for the iPhone 5 camera which let's you just glide the phone sideways to take a massive long picture I noticed that jelly bean 4.2 will have the same thing and it made me want to finally play with the camera feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Wullie32 View Post
    The official cases don't have that feature, which is bloody ridiculous really.
    I think it's a shame that Google barely has any official accessories at all. IPads have hundreds and Google has only a crappy case?

For me, panorama and Photo Sphere don't work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Wish they would update the pull down notification shade.
    It doesn't always stay down when I swipe down to view my notifications.

New lock screen clock widget looks brutal. Those new fonts are just absolutely ugly. Should have given an option to customize the font.

There should be an option to lock the lock screen for changes. The add option every time you unlock is annoying.

There should be an option to modify the settings pulldown.

Last edited by ChuckeeDroid; 11-16-2012 at 03:24 PM.

I agree the don't on the unlock screen looks awful, trying to get used to the keyboard seems really cool. Enjoying it so far I like having the option for multi users.

BTW what's the point in having daydream in dock when there isn't one "officially" at least.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Love the keyboard and the ability of multiple users, have a youngster constantly getting on my tablet. The clock widget and lockscreen clock are freakin ugly!!

New lock screen looks a little like how Motorola handles their home screens now. Good to see googleorola working together.

All in all I like the 4.2 upgrade just fine. I do have one question though. On my N7 I can't go straight to Google Now by swiping up on the lockscreen anymore. I can still get to it just fine by swiping up, but not from the lockscreen. Anyone else?
    @drew3sbs on Twitter

Honestly I'm not sure if the old version had that feature,
    It was there.. I took a couple ugly test shots with it

Quote Originally Posted by capslock118 View Post
    aside from that, is anyone else annoyed at what they did to the clock? I know this is a small detail, but the original clock was slick and simple; what's with the multi-sized font? or is it just bold for the hour and not bold for the minute? either way that's missing the point, before it was clean and simple; now it's just ugly. again, it looks like something a child came up with. It's a small detail but it is something I have to look at everyday.
    Small detail? I say BIG detail! The lock screen is the first thing a person sees when turning on the tablet and now they're presented with what looks like a ransom note font. Horrible. I also don't like the "holo" lines indicating lock-screen widgets. Overall, I'm not happy with the changes to Roboto system-wide. I suspect it may look better on the high-res N10.

My experience with 4.2 so far has been disappointing. Nearly every aspect seems less responsive than before. Task switching animations are NOT smooth, the lock screen slider is NOT smooth... this is my first Android update since Eclair that hasn't been better performance-wise than the one before.

Very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by stirling View Post
    All in all I like the 4.2 upgrade just fine. I do have one question though. On my N7 I can't go straight to Google Now by swiping up on the lockscreen anymore. I can still get to it just fine by swiping up, but not from the lockscreen. Anyone else?
    You have to swipe up from right at the bottom of the screen now, rather than swiping the main lock up as before.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    stock

What's different about the keyboard? Other than the lock screen changes and the notifications window being offset for some reason (was center before now its slightly skewed to the left), all seems exactly admit was before.

The keyboard can now be used like Swype.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

This update had grown on me. The task-switching seems way better, the multiple-users works great for me and the keyboard is good (although I still use Swype). Once the bugs are sorted out I think the update will be great.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I'm liking the new features, but I've noticed that my device lags more than before.

a lot of people here don't know about SwiftKey Tablet

Quote Originally Posted by cdf3 View Post
    I'm liking the new features, but I've noticed that my device lags more than before.

I'm not noticing heaps more lag...

Sent from my Nexus 7

The lock screen widgets man i just cant find anyway to like em really man, its a huge turn of to me man, i would have appreciate if we had the option to turn the new widget feature on or off man, prefer the old lock screen over this new one by far.

Just like on our home screen we have the choice to add widgets or not we should have the same choice for our lock screen man and not be forced into this ugly new look.

Last edited by slosh74; 11-17-2012 at 01:02 AM.

ROM
    Stock, Paranoid, CM10

4.2 feels half-baked to me, and performance and fluidity have taken a hit. The UI changes make zero sense on larger tablets, but I use the N7 almost exclusively now. Multi-user support is a godsend though.

Another thing idk what they did to the auto brightness setting but the constant flicking it does now is so disturbing

My main problem with the update is the lack of an option with the lockscreen widgets. Until more are added (weather, music etc.) I don't really need or want them there.

Sent using the new swiping in 4.2 on my Nexus 7

Global Posts
    1,429 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I installed the update via adk sideload Wednesday night and throughout Thursday it seems even faster and slicker, but something has happened where it's seriously bogging down and hanging. I thought it was the Next Issue app being buggy and sluggish while downloading the big magazines, but I'm seeing it all over.

I've cleared the app cache and restarted, but it's still bogging down and the battery is draining precipitously.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast