Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Global Posts
    1,190 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    I installed the update via adk sideload Wednesday night and throughout Thursday it seems even faster and slicker, but something has happened where it's seriously bogging down and hanging. I thought it was the Next Issue app being buggy and sluggish while downloading the big magazines, but I'm seeing it all over.

I've cleared the app cache and restarted, but it's still bogging down and the battery is draining precipitously.
    I noticed that after installing multiple users the system bogged down

Default Re: 4.2 Impressions

Hate the new lock screen. Ugly clock and why does it show part of the 'placeholder' for the plus thing every time the lock screen comes up?

I much preferred the old one.

I don't understand why the bottom row icons are smaller than before - in what way is this an improvement?

Apps crashing doesn't bother me, they'll update soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwccres View Post
    Hate the new lock screen. Ugly clock and why does it show part of the 'placeholder' for the plus thing every time the lock screen comes up?

I much preferred the old one.

I don't understand why the bottom row icons are smaller than before - in what way is this an improvement?

Apps crashing doesn't bother me, they'll update soon enough.
    I'm starting to like the new lock screen. The clock widget can be replaced by other 3rd party widgets. HD Widgets came out with an update yesterday that will allow you to customize the clock widget. I created one with a different font and weather widget.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Still works
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #180  

I'm getting forced reboots now. Happened when using Google Maps to navigate, making it useless. While messing around on the desktop, using Chrome and now on Tapatalk. 4.2 is a busted POS. Never download a "major" update! Always wait for the patch afterwards that fixes any of the bugs that came with the previous update. Should've learned my lesson when I upgraded to iOS 6.

Sent from a tablet, using an app that I purchased from an app store that appends this signature below my post to make me look superior in social status to everyone else.
    Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

I'm gonna try a factory reset and see if that clears up any lag

Good luck with that. My reset worked for me for about a day. Then I got the same lag all over again. My tablet was less than 14 days old, so I just exchanged it. And I am not upgrading to 4.2 again.

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by anthonycr View Post
    That what i did i solve all the lag and random crashes and such

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by blader1 View Post
    I had a problem with youtube using bluetooth. The sound on my external speakers lagged and the video stuttered every few seconds. I unpaired the bluetooth connection to Bose Soundlink and then repaired. Worked like a charm. I then briefly tested Google Play. All seems fine.
    I have to backtrack - bluetooth is broken - my testing was insufficient - have to wait for the next 4.2 update.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonycr View Post
    Guess I'll do the same. Hope mine runs smoother afterwards.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I can't stand the new lockscreen... Is there a way to change back to the 4.1 lockscreen;?

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

Wow, everyone is having a pretty bad experience. Fortunately I'm not. Everything seems smoother, multitasking is a lot better, I replaced the clock on the lock screen and now all is better.

Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by elvisgp View Post
    Wow, everyone is having a pretty bad experience. Fortunately I'm not. Everything seems smoother, multitasking is a lot better, I replaced the clock on the lock screen and now all is better.

How do you replace the clock on the lock screen? When I tap on the + sign it only allows to add a preset of available widgets (Clock, Gmail, What's the song, and Calendar).

Did a factory reset, and it seems to be running a lot smoother now.
    Even the lag I was having while trying to type in the Google search box is gone now. Hope it continues to run smooth.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by spNiku View Post
    How do you replace the clock on the lock screen? When I tap on the + sign it only allows to add a preset of available widgets (Clock, Gmail, What's the song, and Calendar).
    You can purchase HD widget app to add a custom one to you lock screen or home screen

Global Posts
    1,427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sushiguy732 View Post
    I haven't added multiple users. I've seen people mentioning that, but that's not my circumstances.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

Quote Originally Posted by spNiku View Post
    Go on the play store and search for android 4.2 clock. Then find fixed
    4.2 clock widget and download that one. From there u just add a widget to the lock screen as u normally would.
    Thanked by:
    Tidey_ 

How many users?

Sent from my Nexus 7

The lockscreen has grown on me too. The only thing that bothers me is the blue outline on the side where the widgets go.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Foxfi works.

Global Posts
    1,190 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Quote Originally Posted by TomsAndroid View Post
    How many users?

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Just with one...
    עם ישראל חי

So far, so good. I'm okay with the look and feel of the lock screen widgets, although in reality I won't use many (security/privacy risk). I like the bolder font throughout, particularly on the Nexus 7 display, which I don't think is as vibrant as other displays. I would prefer the two finger swipe on the N7 to access the quick settings. Multiple panels don't make as much sense for this size. I've mostly noticed small changes throughout that mostly work well. I hope for and expect some additional refinement of the new features in the next update.

Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    Zee

Global Posts
    632 Global Posts

Yes same for me. This must be an issue. As soon as I set my wife up as a user I get random slow-downs while using the tablet now. Weird as hell. Also switching between users in the lock screen is very slugglish too.

Quote Originally Posted by mzanette View Post
    Yes same for me. This must be an issue. As soon as I set my wife up as a user I get random slow-downs while using the tablet now. Weird as hell. Also switching between users in the lock screen is very slugglish too.
    I added my sister as a user and haven't noticed extra lag. I also find it quite quick to switch between accounts.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Performance wise I haven't noticed any difference, still as quick as it was

Only a couple of my apps have issues (Kobo & Amazon), the rest all appear to be working fine

Not a fan of the quick settings, for me it doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the system, looks like a hacked add-on, be nice if it was in the style of the notification drop down instead of big blocks (or better for me, an option to turn it off)
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast