Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
Like Tree26Likes
    Zee

Global Posts
    632 Global Posts

Default Re: 4.2 Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by TomsAndroid View Post
    I added my sister as a user and haven't noticed extra lag. I also find it quite quick to switch between accounts.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Strange, it was noticeably laggy for me until I removed the extra user account. When you went to 4.2 did you just update or do a factory reset or something?

Quote Originally Posted by mzanette View Post
    Strange, it was noticeably laggy for me until I removed the extra user account. When you went to 4.2 did you just update or do a factory reset or something?
    I just updated. I've only restarted (not reset) once as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darthus View Post
    Has anyone noticed any speed issues with multiple users? I always found the Nexus 7 to be a bit sluggish before on 4.1, so was excited to try 4.2. After some initial slugglishness and stuttering while setting up and updating apps, it seemed to generally be faster.

But the moment I added my gf as a new user and switched over, everything was ridiculously slow. Facebook timed out, etc etc. Seemed to affect both users. Just in general there seemed to be a lot more random slugglishness. I'm guessing that it's not sufficiently unloading the other user's apps from the background and either gobbling up RAM or letting them run CPU intensive tasks in the background?

Has anyone else experienced this? I love Android, but I sometimes get frustrated that iOS just beats it hands down on having a relatively smooth user experience without lag or stuttering.
    Yes, the sluggishness seems to be only present when there are multiple users. Also, the primary user account does not seem to have any sluggishness. Before the update, my N7 was very smooth without any lags. I might have to disable the multiple users..

Yes, I had the exact same issue. I am generally very happy with the Nexus 7, but when I made a user account for my wife, it ground to a slow halt. apps wouldn't open, switching users took forever, and the system seemed to slow to about 20% normal speed or slower. then my user's homescreen got cleared, and the app drawer became empty.

I deleted my wife's user settings on the tablet (with her consent, of course!) and was back to normal speed after a reboot.

I don't know what was happening, but it was a bad experience. sticking with one user for now; I'm just going to set up one of the homepages for my wife's use (i.e. her favourite apps etc)
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789