4.2 Impressions

blader1

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I had a problem with youtube using bluetooth. The sound on my external speakers lagged and the video stuttered every few seconds. I unpaired the bluetooth connection to Bose Soundlink and then repaired. Worked like a charm. I then briefly tested Google Play. All seems fine.

I have to backtrack - bluetooth is broken - my testing was insufficient - have to wait for the next 4.2 update.

SenorPepe

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I can't stand the new lockscreen... Is there a way to change back to the 4.1 lockscreen;?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Wow, everyone is having a pretty bad experience. Fortunately I'm not. Everything seems smoother, multitasking is a lot better, I replaced the clock on the lock screen and now all is better.

spNiku

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Wow, everyone is having a pretty bad experience. Fortunately I'm not. Everything seems smoother, multitasking is a lot better, I replaced the clock on the lock screen and now all is better.

How do you replace the clock on the lock screen? When I tap on the + sign it only allows to add a preset of available widgets (Clock, Gmail, What's the song, and Calendar).

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Did a factory reset, and it seems to be running a lot smoother now.
Even the lag I was having while trying to type in the Google search box is gone now. Hope it continues to run smooth.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

slosh74

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How do you replace the clock on the lock screen? When I tap on the + sign it only allows to add a preset of available widgets (Clock, Gmail, What's the song, and Calendar).

You can purchase HD widget app to add a custom one to you lock screen or home screen

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Go on the play store and search for android 4.2 clock. Then find fixed
4.2 clock widget and download that one. From there u just add a widget to the lock screen as u normally would.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
The lockscreen has grown on me too. The only thing that bothers me is the blue outline on the side where the widgets go.

Sent from my Nexus 7

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So far, so good. I'm okay with the look and feel of the lock screen widgets, although in reality I won't use many (security/privacy risk). I like the bolder font throughout, particularly on the Nexus 7 display, which I don't think is as vibrant as other displays. I would prefer the two finger swipe on the N7 to access the quick settings. Multiple panels don't make as much sense for this size. I've mostly noticed small changes throughout that mostly work well. I hope for and expect some additional refinement of the new features in the next update.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that after installing multiple users the system bogged down

Yes same for me. This must be an issue. As soon as I set my wife up as a user I get random slow-downs while using the tablet now. Weird as hell. Also switching between users in the lock screen is very slugglish too.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes same for me. This must be an issue. As soon as I set my wife up as a user I get random slow-downs while using the tablet now. Weird as hell. Also switching between users in the lock screen is very slugglish too.

I added my sister as a user and haven't noticed extra lag. I also find it quite quick to switch between accounts.

Sent from my Nexus 7

paulsalter

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Performance wise I haven't noticed any difference, still as quick as it was

Only a couple of my apps have issues (Kobo & Amazon), the rest all appear to be working fine

Not a fan of the quick settings, for me it doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the system, looks like a hacked add-on, be nice if it was in the style of the notification drop down instead of big blocks (or better for me, an option to turn it off)

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I added my sister as a user and haven't noticed extra lag. I also find it quite quick to switch between accounts.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Strange, it was noticeably laggy for me until I removed the extra user account. When you went to 4.2 did you just update or do a factory reset or something?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech