How to get the 4.2 OTA update NOW!! Your welcome! ;)

Guyzer

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
lawlllwl@!!!! i cant believe it worked... had to to it like 20 times though. restarted thrice... im a little annoyed by the fact this worked, coming from bb, never having to do something to finicky to get it to work...

but alas it worked

SammyRocker5150

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Every time I have done this (4 times, two on each Nexus 7) it works on the second time. Its been a never fail for me.

On a side note, I love 4.2. Now its been small steps from 4.0, but that was the groundwork for what they want in 5.0, with these small incremental updates, I feel, are just getting things situated for the next big jump to 5.0 next year. I'm sure the team has been working on that for the last year plus.

gator141

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
(1) The "trick" doesn't work - 10 tries so far, still doesn't see the 4.2 update.
(2) Attempting this "trick" does mess up your Google Play registration so that it forgets your device.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Took 8 tries for me, but did eventually work.

This works for many people but may not work for all. This trick was posted on gottabemobile website.
Nexus 7 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Update Rolling Out Slowly

Here's the trick:

1. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All

2. Find Google Services Framework.

3. Tap on Force Stop.

4. Select Clear Data.

5. Head back to the Nexus 7′s Settings, go to About, and check for a System Update.

Post your success stories below. ;)

EDIT: If it doesn't work the first time, try again. It seems to work on the second try for some people.

- - - Updated - - -

"You're" welcome.

stevehopman77

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem as well and not working for me either after 4 tries. Any solutions known? Thanks.

Update: It worked after trying again. It took 4 times to get it working, but I'm currently downloading those beautiful 80.6 MB's. There is a problem with google play store but it syncs after a while and things are all good. Thanks OP.

Last edited:

balus3u

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
got the update on the first try but on restart it failed to finish the install , it took me to the recovery icon (droid icon with red triangle ), was not working after that then I charged the battery to 80 and tried the method and got the update again but the install failed again . it's it because of the root ? Anyone had success in the rooted device ? Using stock recovery.:confused::(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(931741)

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Nice one, it's worked for me on the second attempt. Mine said "last updated 1/1/1970" before it found the update.
I'm in the UK.
Gonna have a play now, the apps in my drawer are a lot smaller!

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
This works for many people but may not work for all. This trick was posted on gottabemobile website.
Nexus 7 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Update Rolling Out Slowly

Here's the trick:

1. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All

2. Find Google Services Framework.

3. Tap on Force Stop.

4. Select Clear Data.

5. Head back to the Nexus 7′s Settings, go to About, and check for a System Update.

Post your success stories below. ;)

EDIT: If it doesn't work the first time, try again. It seems to work on the second try for some people.

I've been trying this for the longest time, but I never did the "Force Stop" step first, just "Clear Data". Once I did the steps as you posted, BINGO, update coming!

Thank you!!!

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I waited for the 4.1.2 update and it came very late for me. The 4.2 update came yesterday without doing any tricks.

Working great!

Interestingly, the lock screen widgets were disabled when I accepted the Exchange Active Sync security stuff from my Corp server.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888