How to get the 4.2 OTA update NOW!! Your welcome! ;)

nwr2339

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
So I have two Nexus 7's. One is a 16gb and the other is a 32gb. I did the update on my 32gb last night with no problem what soever and I love it. The 16gb however is not working. It showed that an update is needed. It downloaded and went to restart/intall and I got a android dude laying down with a red triangle sticking out of his belly. I used the method mentioned in this thread after the device restarted and I got the same thing a second time. Could it be because I have both devices synced with the same account?

chu77bby

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, it worked! Also, after I cleared the data, I got this funny message.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352934485897.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352934485897.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 31

howardknoah

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks very much. You have made my 7 year old son very happy. He has been waiting to update his Nexus 7 since last week. Thanks again.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I followed the steps, except after I cleared the data, I rebooted and then checked for an update and there it was! it didn't work for me the 1st time with the steps outlined above so I decided to clear the data then reboot and then check for the update.

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
It's sad that people have to do a workaround just to get the OTA update.

Sent from a tablet, using an app that I purchased from an app store that appends this signature below my post to make me look superior in social status to everyone else.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
So I have two Nexus 7's. One is a 16gb and the other is a 32gb. I did the update on my 32gb last night with no problem what soever and I love it. The 16gb however is not working. It showed that an update is needed. It downloaded and went to restart/intall and I got a android dude laying down with a red triangle sticking out of his belly. I used the method mentioned in this thread after the device restarted and I got the same thing a second time. Could it be because I have both devices synced with the same account?

The same thing happened to me on my Galaxy Nexus phone. It was 100% stock, except I had it rooted. It turned out I had to set it back to its out-of-box condition, including not rooted. Then the 4.2 update went right through. It seems the android laying down with the red triangle indicates an aborted installation.

I'm curious; did anyone else successfully install the 4.2 update OTA while rooted? When mine updated from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 it was rooted. It seems that update was more minor though.

Nexus running 4.2, Nexus 4 16GB successfully ordered yesterday, life is good! :)

hichris123

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Not really. It's been said somewhere else that Google does a slow rollout of OTA's, to make sure there aren't any major issues.

cyberspace

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
* { 3 } * /// *It took three times before it began for me.

* I knew of this method already, but was trying to be patient and wait for, [OTA]; wow, I couldn't even wait a full day or two, (lol).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-14-17-29-07.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-14-17-29-07.png
    488.2 KB · Views: 29

hichris123

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Really? Strange dates are the norm? New to android user here so I had no idea. Pretty funny.

I believe it's just the date it always shows after clearing the Framework Data. Not sure the reason why.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad