How to get the 4.2 OTA update NOW!! Your welcome! ;)

cyberspace

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
It shows, (1969), only as a date so far back that all should know no updates or any Android anything was happening at that time back in, (1969), not really, {strange, strange, strange}, at all, and its the, only date that is being referenced.

bno762

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Thank you o.p. !!!!! I kept stopping the gfs app and still couldn't get the update. Then I cleared the data also and bam it updated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(1024093)

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Enough of this trying to be patient and wait for the OTA to just push itself.

Just started to update after the 2nd try clearing the framework data. Thanks!

DarthMickey

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Nice one, it's worked for me on the second attempt. Mine said "last updated 1/1/1970" before it found the update.
I'm in the UK.

What's up with that, anyway?!? Mine said 12/31/1969. I'm in the US.

Apparently Asus/Google had these on the shelf for a long, long time before letting them out in the wild. :p

anon(1024093)

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
What's up with that, anyway?!? Mine said 12/31/1969. I'm in the US.

Apparently Asus/Google had these on the shelf for a long, long time before letting them out in the wild. :p

1/1/1970 GMT is the UNIX Epoch (when the kernel became self aware :) )

"ctime" is often used in ###ix operating systems to calculate the current date by sorting out how many seconds since the Epoch (midnight on the 1st) have elapsed. Using a single ten digit integer simplifies the heck out of date/time calculations.

Sneed003

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Took me about 7x but it works. For me I kept hitting the "check now" button right away. Just wait a minute before hitting the button and see if it works for you as it did me. Good luck! And thanks for the info! :)

nwr2339

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
This works for many people but may not work for all. This trick was posted on gottabemobile website.
Nexus 7 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Update Rolling Out Slowly

Here's the trick:

1. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All

2. Find Google Services Framework.

3. Tap on Force Stop.

4. Select Clear Data.

5. Head back to the Nexus 7′s Settings, go to About, and check for a System Update.

Post your success stories below. ;)

EDIT: If it doesn't work the first time, try again. It seems to work on the second try for some people.

So I have been trying to no avail to update my Nexus 7. I have gotten it to start updating about 8 times now and each time about 1/3 of the way through the installation process it aborts (red triangle thingy). I have never rooted or unlocked this device. It did just come back from Asus though because the screen was cracked and they replaced it. The current software it is running is 4.1.2 and Kernal 3.1.10-g55eddff (whatever the hell that means). I have reset to factory settings 5 times now and restarted the device numerous times and in all with the 8 or so attempts at installing 4.2 there has been no success or changes in the process. Does anyone have any ideas? I really do not want to send this thing back to Asus for another 1.5 weeks.

nwr2339

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I got it figured out. I ended up having to unlock the device and flash 4.1.1 back on to it. After that I was able to get the OTA updates up to 4.2. What a pain...but now i want to root both of them along with my new Galaxy Nexus coming Tuesday.

androidgr

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello from Sweden,

I got my nexus 7 yesterday, I never use custom ROMs etc, I try to update and I get the same issue as Jon_Cox, nexus 7 refuses to install from 4.1.2 to 4.2, I get an Android and a red triangle when the installation reaches about the 1/3.

I tried it more than 20 times! Hard resets, wipe all data, everything, should I return the tablet?

Did anyone manage to solve it?

Thanks in advance!

Darkson71

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
My N7 is rooted, and this doesn't work for me either. Get the same green android with red triangle on reboot as posted above.
I and the same when it picked up the update directly.

Without unrooting, anyone found a solution?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital