Apps broken in 4.2

greatgoogly

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
So far I've found that I can't compose an SMS message in Google Voice (crashes) and
GrooVeIP lite will not login (just hangs when trying to log in)
Any other problems people are finding?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
So far I've found that I can't compose an SMS message in Google Voice (crashes) and
GrooVeIP lite will not login (just hangs when trying to log in)
Any other problems people are finding?

+1

Having same exact problems with both those apps. :(

Sent from my Nexus 7

blackcaneaddict

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey... I know you I think...
Try the following:
apn:wap.cingular
proxy blank
port blank
username:wap.cingulargps.com
password:CINGULAR1 must be in caps
server blank
mmsc:mmsc.cingular.com
mms proxy: blank
mms port:80
mcc:310
mnc:41
apn type blank

Add holo launcher hd to the list. I've had to install the original holo launcher. Its been okay so far but some gestures will automatically cause it to crash.

petefromphilly

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Firefox with flash is totally broken. Read on XDA this morning that bugs have been files with Mozilla. Talk there, too, is that 4.2 is a pretty big code change from 4.2. Hence broken apps. Don't know much about that specifically. I'm no coder. Just passing along. Firefox is the only trouble I've encountered so far.

Rhoq

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
StickMount appears to be having issues...

From Chainfire's Twitter: "Re: StickMount and friends, Android 4.2 has per-process mount separation ... this complicates things. "

sojodave

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Besides MX Player not working, Dice Player also doesn't work. On the bright side, my Dolphin browser is smoking hot, way faster than it was before the update.

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Even the Google+ app is having issues with a blank "right pane". Force closing the app allows the data to repopulate.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Firefox with flash is totally broken. Read on XDA this morning that bugs have been files with Mozilla. Talk there, too, is that 4.2 is a pretty big code change from 4.2. Hence broken apps. Don't know much about that specifically. I'm no coder. Just passing along. Firefox is the only trouble I've encountered so far.

I don't understand why they don't do what Apple does: release the code/sdk to developers in advance. Wouldn't it be better to have them fix all the bugs before it goes to all those users?