Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Default Re: Apps broken in 4.2

update to 17.0
    Quote Originally Posted by natehoy View Post
    Same here for Firefox Beta.
    natehoy likes this.

Where so you find Firefox 17?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dsneedmd View Post
    update to 17.0
    Thanks, I'll have a look tonight. I think it automatically updates, but I'll check to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by iHelpYouShy View Post
    Oh no, MxPlayer doesn't work also. It says, "unsupported android version"
    Same here. I have moved onto Mobo Player, but can't figure out how to get it to work with TV Portal

Quote Originally Posted by calbearz24 View Post
    Apex Launcher force closes as soon as I try to open it, right after installing.
    Apex Launcher doesn't FC anymore after an update today, thankfully. Haven't used it much yet so I don't know if anything else in it is broken.

None of the dock folders work for me in Apex...not even the app drawer. Hopefully there will be an update soon.

Dolphin web browser is dead after the update. Doesn't open. I have reinstalled it with no change. Will have to wait.

sideload 8.5.1
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean

The Amazon App Store keeps making me sign in periodically to use apps from their market.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dsneedmd View Post
    update to 17.0
    Just checked. I was already on 17. Crashes back to the home screen after about a half minute of use every time.

Ah, well. I have opera, dolphin, and chrome. No biggie for now.

Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    I don't understand why they don't do what Apple does: release the code/sdk to developers in advance. Wouldn't it be better to have them fix all the bugs before it goes to all those users?
    Because it would make our lives easier? And maybe they were afraid of it leaking. Personally, I think they should have "accidentally" leaked it with a reviewer's guide to see what gets caught...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

same here: clock app constantly stops responding after creating another user on my Nexus 7 starting to get aggravating, probably gonna delete the other user if no fix is coming out soon

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by natehoy View Post
    Just checked. I was already on 17. Crashes back to the home screen after about a half minute of use every time.

Ah, well. I have opera, dolphin, and chrome. No biggie for now.

NOTE: This has been FIXED by Mozilla. Install Firefox Beta and make sure it is the version from November 15th. I was running the November 8th build and no go, and even an uninstall/reinstall was installing the old version. I was able to go into the details on the app in the play store, hit BACK, then click on details again, then go BACK, and repeat the process 4-5 times, and like magic an UPDATE button appeared one time.

Firefox is now rockin' steady on the Beta release, 15 November build.

Android pro widgets, calender not working.

Facebook messenger not working

This is the first update since 4.0 which seems to do more harm than good, everything was fine until now.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Tronmech View Post
    Because it would make our lives easier? And maybe they were afraid of it leaking. Personally, I think they should have "accidentally" leaked it with a reviewer's guide to see what gets caught...

Nexus is a developer device. We get updates very, VERY soon after they come out of the repositories. Often, this means we get updates at the same time or even before the developers themselves do. That's one of the major selling points of a Nexus - instant updates to the latest version so developers can test their code.

And that means things might go "boom".

It's a good idea to ignore the update to the latest update for a week or two if you don't want to deal with zero-day bugs.
    Thanked by:
    mr_nobody likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DogPsyche View Post
    ZD Box keeps crashing. Report sent.

~Jaqi~
    Sent from my lovely Nexus 7
    Yea same here. Ever since the new jelly bean update zd box has been trippin, force closing on me every five minutes.. Oh well it was good while it lasted, there's plenty of other apps out there that do the same thing. Other than that the new update freekin rocks =)

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Tronmech View Post

But they don't have to worry about that. Have the official announcement in NYC and then, after you've announced all the new features, give developers some time to work with it before the official release.

Force closing apps: Norton mobile Anti-Virus & Security (Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250)

ROM
    DInc CM9 RC0; N7 stock

Tasker is no longer switching to profiles that trigger on being connected to a particular WiFi SSID. The developer is aware of the problem, but doesn't have a 4.2 device to test with.

Confirm that MX Player is not working :-( I also cannot access files on the download list.
    I am really disappointed with this system update!

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean 4.2 stock

Dice player has been updated. It works fine now.
    Firefox crashes with Flash but is supposed to be fixed in the updated beta and the full release 17 on the 20th November.

Amazon app store won't let me log in without entering my password every single time.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    But they don't have to worry about that. Have the official announcement in NYC and then, after you've announced all the new features, give developers some time to work with it before the official release.
    If you hold off the release to developer devices, what is the developer supposed to test on, exactly?

The "official release" is putting it out on the repositories (AOSP). Nexus devices, by and large, receive the updates very soon after the code hits AOSP. This is by design, so developers get an early shot at the code before the carriers and others start loading it on their devices.

If you have a Nexus device and you are not prepared for apps to break, you really, REALLY need to be ignoring that update notification for at least a week or two.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy 4.2

Don't know if this was mentioned yet but stick mount doesn't work on 4.2 probably due to the new way storage media is handled.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The Starred Files option in Documents To Go stopped working after the Android 4.2 update. I had to uninstall the app, then reinstall it in order for that feature to work again on my Nexus 7 tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone find a fix for the flash player issue in 4.2 with Firefox?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast