Apps broken in 4.2

ghbishop

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Nintai does not run at all.

Peggle crashes after a couple of shots

Spider Solitaire loads a partially completed game every time - then crashes when trying to start a new game.

For some reason, any app I bought from Amazon required me to log it to amazon to play it the first time.

Flash ran fine on Dolphin - set User Agent to "iPad" first.

These games work:

Plants vs Zombies
World of Goo
Quell
Quote Unquote
Where's my Water

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
The Amazon App Store keeps making me sign in periodically to use apps from their market.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
update to 17.0

Just checked. I was already on 17. Crashes back to the home screen after about a half minute of use every time.

Ah, well. I have opera, dolphin, and chrome. No biggie for now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Tronmech

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why they don't do what Apple does: release the code/sdk to developers in advance. Wouldn't it be better to have them fix all the bugs before it goes to all those users?

Because it would make our lives easier? And maybe they were afraid of it leaking. Personally, I think they should have "accidentally" leaked it with a reviewer's guide to see what gets caught...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

welcome_tommy

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
same here: clock app constantly stops responding after creating another user on my Nexus 7 :( starting to get aggravating, probably gonna delete the other user if no fix is coming out soon

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Just checked. I was already on 17. Crashes back to the home screen after about a half minute of use every time.

Ah, well. I have opera, dolphin, and chrome. No biggie for now.

NOTE: This has been FIXED by Mozilla. Install Firefox Beta and make sure it is the version from November 15th. I was running the November 8th build and no go, and even an uninstall/reinstall was installing the old version. I was able to go into the details on the app in the play store, hit BACK, then click on details again, then go BACK, and repeat the process 4-5 times, and like magic an UPDATE button appeared one time.

Firefox is now rockin' steady on the Beta release, 15 November build. :cool:

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Android pro widgets, calender not working.

Facebook messenger not working

This is the first update since 4.0 which seems to do more harm than good, everything was fine until now.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Because it would make our lives easier? And maybe they were afraid of it leaking. Personally, I think they should have "accidentally" leaked it with a reviewer's guide to see what gets caught...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Nexus is a developer device. We get updates very, VERY soon after they come out of the repositories. Often, this means we get updates at the same time or even before the developers themselves do. That's one of the major selling points of a Nexus - instant updates to the latest version so developers can test their code.

And that means things might go "boom".

It's a good idea to ignore the update to the latest update for a week or two if you don't want to deal with zero-day bugs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay