Apps broken in 4.2

ssloko

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
ZD Box keeps crashing. Report sent.

~Jaqi~
Sent from my lovely Nexus 7

Yea same here. Ever since the new jelly bean update zd box has been trippin, force closing on me every five minutes.. Oh well it was good while it lasted, there's plenty of other apps out there that do the same thing. Other than that the new update freekin rocks =)

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Because it would make our lives easier? And maybe they were afraid of it leaking. Personally, I think they should have "accidentally" leaked it with a reviewer's guide to see what gets caught...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

But they don't have to worry about that. Have the official announcement in NYC and then, after you've announced all the new features, give developers some time to work with it before the official release.

packy

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Tasker is no longer switching to profiles that trigger on being connected to a particular WiFi SSID. The developer is aware of the problem, but doesn't have a 4.2 device to test with.

ivb266

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Confirm that MX Player is not working :-( I also cannot access files on the download list.
I am really disappointed with this system update!

mrmond

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Dice player has been updated. It works fine now.
Firefox crashes with Flash but is supposed to be fixed in the updated beta and the full release 17 on the 20th November.

Amazon app store won't let me log in without entering my password every single time.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
But they don't have to worry about that. Have the official announcement in NYC and then, after you've announced all the new features, give developers some time to work with it before the official release.

If you hold off the release to developer devices, what is the developer supposed to test on, exactly?

The "official release" is putting it out on the repositories (AOSP). Nexus devices, by and large, receive the updates very soon after the code hits AOSP. This is by design, so developers get an early shot at the code before the carriers and others start loading it on their devices.

If you have a Nexus device and you are not prepared for apps to break, you really, REALLY need to be ignoring that update notification for at least a week or two.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if this was mentioned yet but stick mount doesn't work on 4.2 probably due to the new way storage media is handled.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The Starred Files option in Documents To Go stopped working after the Android 4.2 update. I had to uninstall the app, then reinstall it in order for that feature to work again on my Nexus 7 tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone find a fix for the flash player issue in 4.2 with Firefox?

You want (need, actually) to be using Firefox BETA (which is available in the play store right next to Firefox for Android, but on a Nexus device you ALWAYS want the beta). Second, you specifically want to be running the "Nov 15, 2012" release of the build, not any previous version. This is, as of now, the only build of Firefox that works at all on the Nexus 7. This build just hit the repositories late last night, so you may need to refresh a few times (go into the detail screen, back out, go back in, lather, rinse, repeat) until you see "Nov 15, 2012" as the release date. Accept no substitutes!

Running this configuration, I'm getting perfectly stable Flash (well, as stable as Flash has ever been) in Firefox on both my 4.2-based Nexus 7 and my 2.3.4-based HTC Thunderbolt.

What issue are you having, specifically?

lewie61

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Since update last night HBO Go has sound but no picture when trying to watch content

Same here and if you click on the blank video screen, the App stops working entirely and asks you to close it. Other gripes:
I really dislike the new lock screen. The clock with the thick, bold hour digit looks odd and the shadow of the left screen widget appearing when the tablet turns on is just plain poor design (there is now an app on Play that will remedy this problem but it should have never existed in the first place). Along with everyone else, my MX player went south but Dice now works and is a very nice app. It's not quite as conrollable as MX but it will do until that is fixed. Boat Browser's use of flash, while never foolproof under Jellybean, is now more erratic. Oh well, guess we'll all have to wait for the various app developers to update those aren't behaving or working with 4.2.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

You don't have to accept the update when it comes in. You can wait a couple of days for the app developers to get their apps updated you know.

Guess who still has a perfectly functioning copy of MX player? Me, because I don't bother to update until the 2 or 3 apps that are considered important to me are confirmed to be working correctly.

Just something to think about next time.

-Suntan

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
You don't have to accept the update when it comes in. You can wait a couple of days for the app developers to get their apps updated you know.

Guess who still has a perfectly functioning copy of MX player? Me, because I don't bother to update until the 2 or 3 apps that are considered important to me are confirmed to be working correctly.

Just something to think about next time.

-Suntan

LOL, and if you bought a Nexus 4, Nexus 10 or the new Nexus 7 you should reject the update? Not possible. They should have released it early to developers.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
If you hold off the release to developer devices, what is the developer supposed to test on, exactly?

The "official release" is putting it out on the repositories (AOSP). Nexus devices, by and large, receive the updates very soon after the code hits AOSP. This is by design, so developers get an early shot at the code before the carriers and others start loading it on their devices.

If you have a Nexus device and you are not prepared for apps to break, you really, REALLY need to be ignoring that update notification for at least a week or two.

You misunderstood me. I'm suggesting this:

1. Announcement of all the features
2. Make the SDK have the upgraded version and post 4.2 binaries for flashing to developer site.
3. Do NOT start OTA's of the update until developers have had 4 weeks or so to work on their apps
4. Do not start selling 4.2 devices until the 4 weeks are up

So if anyone wants to use the stuff in #2 and it gives them bugs, that's not a problem - it's beta release and you're helping google fix issues.

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyone unable to receive calls thru Google voice?

Phone rings im told who it is and if I want to accept to press #1 but when I do it doesn't do anything. It repeats prompt again and I press 1 and still nothing

End up having to miss call and return it

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
LOL, and if you bought a Nexus 4, Nexus 10 or the new Nexus 7 you should reject the update? Not possible. They should have released it early to developers.

And if you actually *had* an N4 or N10 in your hand right now, only to find these apps incompatible, maybe you would have an argument. But app devs are quickly updating their apps (MX just got updated) and in another day or so (when people actually get their N4s and N10s) this will mostly be a whole bunch of nothing.

-Suntan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38