Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Default Re: Do you find the quick settings menu on the Nexus 7 annoying?

I've sort of gotten accustomed to it, but think that the N7 would have been better off with the phone implementation of settings/notifications (i.e., the two finger scroll for settings.)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I rather like it but

a) I'm another lefty
    and
    b) I mostly hold my nexus 7 landscape

C

I'm so annoyed that I want to root my device and put a custom ROM on it! It's still fully stock.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MJKearney View Post
    Finally, a company does something to please those of us in the left handed minority, instead of always catering to you privileged right handers!

As a lefty, I hold the N7 with my right hand and touch the screen with my left. Therefore, the natural position of my swiping fingers is on the left side of the screen, which happens to be where one swipes down for the more commonly accessed notifications. Perfect! Thanks Google!! Thank goodness for this, because the thought of actually having to constantly move my finger a whole 1" to the right to get to notifications is unbearable.

Sent from my lefty-oriented, anti-austerity Nexus 7
    This...

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mysterygirl View Post
    I've sort of gotten accustomed to it, but think that the N7 would have been better off with the phone implementation of settings/notifications (i.e., the two finger scroll for settings.)

This actually sounds like a much bigger pain to me

B. Diddy likes this.

You could just use Power Toggles, which you can put in the notification pulldown.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Do you find the quick settings menu on the Nexus 7 annoying?-uploadfromtaptalk1353884430246.jpg  

ROM
    Stock, Paranoid, CM10

It's a step backwards and I hate it. Thank goodness for unlockable boot loaders.

Quote Originally Posted by MJKearney View Post
    Finally, a company does something to please those of us in the left handed minority, instead of always catering to you privileged right handers!

As a lefty, I hold the N7 with my right hand and touch the screen with my left. Therefore, the natural position of my swiping fingers is on the left side of the screen, which happens to be where one swipes down for the more commonly accessed notifications. Perfect! Thanks Google!! Thank goodness for this, because the thought of actually having to constantly move my finger a whole 1" to the right to get to notifications is unbearable.

Sent from my lefty-oriented, anti-austerity Nexus 7
    I feel like they were already catering to lefties with the navbar. As a righty I want the back button near my right thumb. If they'd just provide some customizability then everyone could be happy.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Seriously guys, if using your other hand for notifications is actually a big problem for you, then you are really just looking for stuff to complain about. They simply made the " notifications pull down"just that, notifications only. If you hold your tablet in one hand only, then the two finger swipe down would have actually been far more difficult to use. Just my two cents.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using both hands.
    B. Diddy likes this.

This was annoying me at first, but i have found that I like it better. After I got used to it, of course. Comes naturally now.

I like the new pull down. Notifications are separate, and there are more settings options. Took me a minute to find the settings, but once I did, I liked it.

Personally, I find I just don't use the quick actions bit.

With Nova launcher, I have it set to pull down the notifications if I swipe down anywhere on the screen (no need to reach to the top if my right thumb is already holding it at the bottom of the device) and a double tap goes straight to the full settings.

Maybe at some point I'll install the Power Toggles, but I hardly change the settings on my tablet that often. When I do, it is pretty easy just to double tap the screen and then tap to turn the wifi on/off.

-Suntan

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    Maybe at some point I'll install the Power Toggles, but I hardly change the settings on my tablet that often. When I do, it is pretty easy just to double tap the screen and then tap to turn the wifi on/off.
    The most common shortcut of Power Toggles that I used was airplane mode. Unfortunately, in Jelly Bean 4.2 that shortcut no longer works due to the way security is done, so I now use the quick settings pull down menu to get to it. No big deal. Swipe down on the right side and there it is. (The wifi shortcut in Power Toggles still works fine.)

I really like it. I was able to remove some widgets/shortcuts from the desktop because I can now get to them there. I can see how it would be frustrating if you've developed habits around the old design, though.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12