Do you find the quick settings menu on the Nexus 7 annoying?

Errola0

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Android 4.2 is great but what they did to notifications for the 7 inch tablet size is very annoying.

It is now beyond irritating to now constantly pull down quick settings when I wanted the notification pane instead. Pulling down from the left side for notifications and right side for quick settings makes sense for 10 inch tablets but on a 7 inch that is mostly held in portrait and lacks horizontal length when compared to their landscape 10" counterparts, it is totally impractical in actual use.

For tablets this size it would've made more sense for them to use the double swipe/2 finger swipe to get to quick settings, similar to the way it functions on 4.2 phones for these very reasons.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
For tablets this size it would've made more sense for them to use the double swipe/2 finger swipe to get to quick settings, similar to the way it functions on 4.2 phones for these very reasons.

100% agree. Very annoying. Should be just like the phone where single finger =normal and two-fingers= quick settings.

Please fix this, Google

Sent from my Nexus 7

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Actually it doesn't bother me... I'm more irritated by not being able to change my user photo .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
My biggest problem is we're not able to customize it. Settings and Auto Rotate were fine how they were before (in the notification shade). The Wi-Fi and Bluetooth widgets don't toggle Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Battery is useless; I don't know why they couldn't just put a percentage in the statusbar.

Really the only new thing that's useful to me is the brightness widget. I'd rather go back to the 4.1 notifications and keep using Widgetsoid in the notification shade.

Knuckle9

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I disagree, I think it works well. Swipe down on the left for notifications, swipe down on the right for quick settings.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I think a lot of people are just already used to swiping down on the right to access notifications so it'll take some getting used to.

KernWillia

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm more irritated by not being able to change my user photo .
bNE

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
For the notifications slide on the left side and for setting on the right.it easy

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Well of course the motion is easy, but when I pull my notifications down, it's usually with my thumb on the right hand side because that's where I'm holding it. It's about muscle memory at this point, and 9 times out of 10 I'm pulling down the toggles instead of the notifications that I want.

nicko5229

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I believe of you are logged into Google + your image changes automatically. So if you change your G+ image, your user image will change.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Actually it doesn't bother me... I'm more irritated by not being able to change my user photo .

Isn't it just your G+ photo? What happens when you change that?

ETA: yeah, I did not read the whole thread before I replied :(

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, this was how the Palm Pre phones always worked. Swipe down from the top on one side and you got one set of menus, swipe down from the other and you got a different set of menus.

Looks like Mr. Duarte is carrying over some legacy UI of his.

Personally, I'd just like a little row of toggle widgets in the top of the notification tray similar to Samsung's layout (but without the sickly looking green.)

-Suntan

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Finally, a company does something to please those of us in the left handed minority, instead of always catering to you privileged right handers!

As a lefty, I hold the N7 with my right hand and touch the screen with my left. Therefore, the natural position of my swiping fingers is on the left side of the screen, which happens to be where one swipes down for the more commonly accessed notifications. Perfect! Thanks Google!! Thank goodness for this, because the thought of actually having to constantly move my finger a whole 1" to the right to get to notifications is unbearable.

Sent from my lefty-oriented, anti-austerity Nexus 7

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Since I usually use the tablet in landscape I don't agree with your rant. You apparenty moved up from phone and I moved down from a ten inch tablet. Like the idea of swiping down to get notifications and settings because it allows a tiny tray not using screen space. Tried the swipe in portrait orientation and since I can remember my left from my right did not have any trouble.
:)