Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Default Re: Google Play Error [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

Cheers for all of the ideas. Registered here now as I have recently bought a nexus 7. Loving it, but can see why some non tech save people may not get on with android.

Basically I went into setting/apps and uninstalled the UPDATE for Google play. Once I did that I cleared the cache and rebooted.

Problem solved.

Unfortunately I think I will be back.

My Samsung Galaxy S3 was having the same problem, All I did was tap the internet icon, go to the menu and scroll down to settings, went to privacy and security and tapped the Clear Cache button, next thing you know everything was downloading smoothly again. *v*

Top tip. Have Samsung Galaxy note 2.

Just bought and updated to 4.1.1. Having same issues with downloads.

Followed the advise and wasn't getting anywhere (delete account, restart phone etc.).

However, I kept deleting the google account through settings and apps and recreating the account through this route.

Difference that got it working for me was to delete old account in settings. Restart phone. Go to Playstore as soon as restarted and from here login/register your existing account, not from settings. This seemed to do it for me having tried a number of routes.

Thanks for all other inputs.

Steve

I just waited a few minutes and everything was cleared itself...

Quote Originally Posted by Nof603 View Post
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how exactly do I end up clearing the Services Framework? I was having this Google Play issue as well, but I didn't clear anything that I'm aware of. I'm asking so that I can avoid this problem in the future. Thanks!
    Sorry, this thread was originally started when the 4.2 update was being pushed out and some people were hurrying it along by doing this. It looks like the sudden activity in this thread is _now_ related to a server side problem.
    jan lester likes this.

Yes, even I'm facing the same problem on my galaxy nexus running 4.1.2
    Even I tried manually updating by force closing Google service framework.
    But now that I tried your method, its still not solving this problem..is ur phone upgraded to 4.2 jelly bean ? And will I get Android 4.2 jelly bean update inspite of making those changes in Google service framework?

Angry Re: Google Play Error [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

I 've could'nt use playstore to all my download
    since several weeks ago.
    How can I solve this probleme?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

Quote Originally Posted by sasqautch396 View Post
    Just go to settings and remove Ur Google account, make sure u know Ur username and password. Then open play store, it might force close a few times then should ask u to select account or something. Obviously select existing and than login no problems at all
    Some people need to read this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Here's what I got from Google. After I tried a few of these steps, the problem finally fixed itself. Not sure if this really is the solution, but try it - creating new accounts certainly didn't help. I think it was Google Talk that finally swung it.

Thank you for contacting Google. It sounds like you're having downloading issues. I can understand how frustrating this can be. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Apps stuck at "Starting download" occur either because the device never receives a download signal or because of general connectivity issues.
    I realize you may have browsed around a bit in our help center before contacting us, but I just want to make sure that you've tried all of the following to resolve the issue:

- Cancel the downloads and retry
    - Reboot your device
    - Clear the cache of the Google Play Store app (Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Play Store > Clear cache)
    - Clear the Download Manager cache and data (Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Download manager > Clear cache and Clear data)
    - Confirm there is strong connectivity on your device, and contact your mobile service provider if you aren't connected
    - Try your download(s) using both WiFi and network (3G/4G) connections (if you can download from one but not the other, this is important - please note this in your response)
    - If you're using WiFi, ensure firewalls are not blocking access to ports required for Google Play (TCP and UDP 5228)
    - Try to initiate your download from play.google.com instead of the device (if you can download from one but not the other, this is important - please note this in your response)
    - Sign in and out of Google Talk repeatedly to restore connection to our servers:

1. Go to your devices app launcher, and press the Talk app
    2. If youre already signed in to Talk, press Menu, and then touch Sign out
    3. Launch Talk again to sign in (if you are unable to sign in, this is important - please note this in your response)

If your downloads are still stuck after performing all of these troubleshooting steps, please let me know, and I'll be happy to investigate the issue further.

Regards,

Talon
    The Google Play support team

This video works for me (Galaxy Nexus, Jelly Bean 4.2)
    Thanked by:

Hey i need help, i recently bought a goclever android tablet and i was able to download some apps and now all of a sudden im not able to download anything and i tried every possible solution so far and nothing has worked can anyone help me please
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  

Quote Originally Posted by Scott McCarthy1 View Post
    Hey i need help, i recently bought a goclever android tablet and i was able to download some apps and now all of a sudden im not able to download anything and i tried every possible solution so far and nothing has worked can anyone help me please
    What error code do you get?

Was having the same exact problem. I was forced to use the "Create New Account" fix. Signed up for a new Google account. Updated one app using that account. Signed out of that account and into my main account and everything is working now. My suggestion would be to keep the temp account you've just created in case this happens again. Just a suggestion.

Thumbs up Re: Google Play Error [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

I also had issues with Google+ connecting after clearing GSF to get the 4.2.1 update. Deleting my Google account and re-adding it worked. Thanks for the help everyone.

I have a tablet pc vero and i have the up write problem.thanks!..play store this problem.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Remove my google account from the phone or just from the play store? If I only have one account on the play store I can't figure out how to remove it from the play store unless I create a new account. That didn't work anyway. I am on 4.2.1 on a Gnex.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you delete your google account on the phone and then add it back? Or just in the Play Store App?

This worked for me. It took a bit of time to sync everything, but it's all there.

Quote Originally Posted by sasqautch396 View Post
    Just go to settings and remove Ur Google account, make sure u know Ur username and password. Then open play store, it might force close a few times then should ask u to select account or something. Obviously select existing and than login no problems at all

Was getting the server error message since yesterday after updating to 4.2.1 and could not download or update any apps. Just signed out of my Google account, and cleared out the data on Google services framework. Also turned off the device, waited 10 seconds and restarted it for good measure..

Signed back in and no issues.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

Quote Originally Posted by saltiel View Post
    Remove my google account from the phone or just from the play store? If I only have one account on the play store I can't figure out how to remove it from the play store unless I create a new account. That didn't work anyway. I am on 4.2.1 on a Gnex.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you delete your google account on the phone and then add it back? Or just in the Play Store App?
    Delete your system Google account, not the one from the Play Store.

Exclamation Re: Google Play Error [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

The problem at some devices is from google. Don't restore your phone or reinstall the rom because is not the first time Google have this problem. Normally is up to tow weeks the problem. Especially from friday

I had this problem [RPC:S-5:AEC-O] & I solved it this is how, I did this 3 times before it worked on the third time when signing in to google I joined google + I think that was what it's called after that no problem

Sorry I forgot to say that I reset the tablet three times

Default Re: Google Play Error Solution [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

Hi
    I already did as you directed but the same error occurs. Please help me.

Thank you

Default Re: Google Play Error Solution [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo06sp View Post
    i can't install any applications at all in jb 4.2. What are some possible solutions? I'd attach a screen shot, but i'm guessing i've reached my daily limit. The solution to this problem:

Sent from my nexus 7 using android central forums
    ghaa this dosent work! Im try to add a reffilable credit card on there but its telling me about this [rpc:s-5:aec-0] and inside mycards 60.00 bucks! Dont tell me i wasted my money for the dang card >

Thank you all for posting here. I got my Nexus 7 to work. You guys ROCK!! The Nexus is new so I just did the global reset. It has downloaded everything now! Thank you!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast