Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree15Likes

Default Re: Google Play Error Solution [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

Thanks for ur goooood ans.............

thanks man this worked like magic

I am having the same issue with my phone. I am not able to download any apps and am not sure on what the problem is. I visited telecom and they told me it could be a problem with my data connection but its not. So they didn't help in any way. Can any one help? I don't know what is wrong

Im not an expert on these things, am a novice owner of a Coby Android Tablet. I have tried the removing and using another account method only, but it did not work. Was about to try the clearing data from the google framework method but am VERY glad that I didn't because I also read from other responses in forums that this method can cause more problems.

SO I just tried adding another google account to my tablet, so now there are TWO accounts (by the way sync is off on both accounts). Then run Play Store. At first it force closed. Then I ran it again and tried downloaded the app that i had difficulty downloading for the past few days (because i kept getting the RPC-error msg thing or the "can't contact google servers" message.) And thankfully, it downloaded the app successfully, whew!

Hope this helps, but if not, good luck using other methods

Edit: I tried downloading another app but the the RPC-error appeared again, so I just removed one of the two google acounts then added it again. Once more, it worked. Sort of, you must have one primary/main account, then remove and re-add the secondary to make it work again. Quite tedious but it works for now.
    Last edited by FrustratedGal; 12-06-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Default Re: Google Play Error [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

ThhBinky, what a waste of time to post the same info as others have but require someone to register to view information that hasn't worked for many people.

Thanks to Chatswort52 - Simple, easy to follow instructions - Job done!!!
    Many thanks
    Dave W

Default Re: Google Play Error [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Rees View Post
    Cheers for all of the ideas. Registered here now as I have recently bought a nexus 7. Loving it, but can see why some non tech save people may not get on with android.

Basically I went into setting/apps and uninstalled the UPDATE for Google play. Once I did that I cleared the cache and rebooted.

Problem solved.

Unfortunately I think I will be back.

I tried your methord many times but it didnt work for me... i am still and contineously having the error and after implimenting your methord i am facing new error like 529 and 503 error too ................. please give another solution for this i dnt want to reeboot my cell phone again and again and to be very honest now i am so affraid of reebooting my cell phone because if i did then whats the gurantee that after reebooting my cell phone all app will be installed correctly????

thanks steve i just reset my Google account and restarted my tablet

Fixed problem, thanks heaps!

I have an Android Tablet, and I have been also getting the "Unfortunately...." messages. But I get the message for Google, Youtube, One word game, Clock and the main one was Email !! That was the first thing I Force Stopped !! All but the Email messages continued ! So I have now Force Stopped everything I received a message for !! Don't forget you may have to do this with several 'Google apps!' I just had to go back &
    force Stop Google Partner ! I tried to only clear the cache &/or data on these, but it didn't work !! I had to go back & repeat the Force Stop with the Google Partner, & I added Disable, just to be SURE !! lol So far it seems to have worked ! It's sad we have to go thru this. I realize things happen, but if they'd only have a place we could look up to help, it may make it less annoying ! Hope 'THEY' are reading this !! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !! And thanks for all the helpful hints !!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456