Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By daveddy
  • 1 Post By Eduardo06sp
  • 1 Post By Adam Kornegay
  • 1 Post By still1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default daydream is cool

I just noticed daydream in the display settings with 4.2 different screensavers when docked or charging or both.i like that you can use your pics.

Default Re: daydream is cool

Quote Originally Posted by daveddy View Post
    I just noticed daydream in the display settings with 4.2 different screensavers when docked or charging or both.i like that you can use your pics.
    Finally, someone who shows their appreciation for Google's hard work!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I like the daydream feature as well only minor issue I have with Currents as a daydream option is no setting change how fast it slides through feeds.
    daydream  is cool-uploadfromtaptalk1352872125403.jpg

Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

Here's something cool I noticed last night:

When I first checked out Daydream after installing the update, I had five options (Clock, Colors, Currents, Photo Frame and Photo Table).

After I checked out the Jelly Bean easter egg, it added BeanFlinger as a sixth option!

To see the easter egg, do this:
    Settings => About tablet => tap Android Version repeatedly until a jelly bean appears.
    Thanked by 4:
    ssloko likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Kornegay View Post

When I first checked out Daydream after installing the update, I had five options (Clock, Colors, Currents, Photo Frame and Photo Table).

After I checked out the Jelly Bean easter egg, it added BeanFlinger as a sixth option!

Settings => About tablet => tap Android Version repeatedly until a jelly bean appears.
    Thanks! That's cool!

I've set my Daydream to the color mode and to activate when charging but it doesn't do it. Not sure what that's about.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Hmm, I got the easter egg to work but no beanflinger....

Ditto
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,017 Global Posts

After I get the update I will have to check this out!

Quote Originally Posted by EPIC View Post
    Try sliding two fingers together on diagonal sides of each other when you get the jelly bean.

That was cute don't know what it does. Just surprised people can find these Easter eggs so fast.

It works! Thanks =)

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Shilohcane View Post
    That was cute don't know what it does. Just surprised people can find these Easter eggs so fast.

Well once u find the easter eggs (they look like jelly beans to me) go to settings, display, daydream, and voila, a new bean flingers option is available.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by swolebiceps View Post
    Ditto
    Once you get it to work, go to daydream settings: >Settings >display >daydream >beanflinger

Thanked by:

I hope more apps comes to Daydream. I hope google made that possible.
    it would be awesome if other apps take advantage of it.
    stillborn86 likes this.

I like Daydream quite a bit so far - I've got all my family pictures sorted in an album so it's fun to use the Photo Table to browse through them at random.

I would like it if there was a shortcut to get to it quickly instead of digging through the settings.

The daydream concept is neat... when do you think you would actually use it though?

I am thinking maybe on xmas while I am streaming music via bluetooth, I could have daydream flip though a photo album with photos of my kids from this year. Would that work?

I'm too paranoid about leaving the the screen on all the time to enjoy it. I've always been told that any electronic screen works for a certain amount of time before dying. Kind of like an alkaline battery except it takes a long time to die so why hasten its death by unnecessarily leaving the screen on.

Sent from a tablet, using an app that I purchased from an app store that appends this signature below my post to make me look superior in social status to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by jairusz View Post
    I'm too paranoid about leaving the the screen on all the time to enjoy it. I've always been told that any electronic screen works for a certain amount of time before dying. Kind of like an alkaline battery except it takes a long time to die so why hasten its death by unnecessarily leaving the screen on.

Sent from a tablet, using an app that I purchased from an app store that appends this signature below my post to make me look superior in social status to everyone else.
    This is a concern of mine. I love the idea of daydream streaming news on a dock while I'm at work (assuming Google ever comes out with a dock), but I worry about screen life, since that would mean the screen is on at least 12 hours a day (avg 9hrs work + 3hrs personal). Should we worry?

Quote Originally Posted by swolebiceps View Post
    Ditto
    Once you have tapped on the Android version and gotten the Jelly Bean to appear, long press on the Jelly Bean until a screen full of them appears.

After that, you will have the Beanflinger option.

Sure it's nice but we still don't have a docking station

Unfortunately, I feel the same in preserving the batteries in our devices. Anyway, judging from all the screens I've used(from an 8 year old work monitor that's on 24/7 to an ipod mini I purchased on the day of its release and used until 2010) I think our want or need to upgrade will happen before any screen will die from normal usage. For me it's how I was raised and that worrying habit to not "overuse" the screen is hard to let go.

Last edited by jairusz; 11-15-2012 at 06:21 PM.

ROM
    Arctic HD

You'll have to worry about the battery reaching its end of life before the screen would

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean

I'm not too worried about my screen life. Growing up with old monitors made me wary about screen savers and only having the monitor on when necessary... But, with the current state of technology, I have yet to have a modern screen give me even a hiccup. I have a netbook that I keep the screen on and active all day, every day... For the last four years. It's still as beautiful and crisp as it came from the factory. The way I see it, I'll probably have another tablet in the next four to six years, so why not use it while I have it? It's a tool after all, and they're made to be used, not kept in an air-tight environment under a glass display housing in a museum.

You don't avoid using your hammer because, eventually, the shaft will break from hitting things repeatedly...

Apps like appygeek/news republic have already been updated to work with daydream. I like it but I don't foresee using it until they release that pogo dock. Anyone else notice the nexus 4 doesn't have pogo pins? I'd of thought that they gave up on the concept but then I noticed the nexus 10 has a 5 pin pogo setup... If they were going for third party vendors like with apple docks they could of at least keep the pogo setup the same across all devices. /rant

Sent from my Nexus 7

Beautiful Widgets had a pretty cool daydream with clock, weather, battery and next scheduled alarm. Supports dim mode, which makes for a really useful bedside clock.