I need a little help here........

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm a blackberry convert kinda new to droid. I owned a playbook and really like the 7" form factor as apposed to 10.1.
The N7 seems to be the fastest, smoothest running 7" tab out there.
I'm bumping around the N7 forums and see a lot of dissatisfied N7 owners. (just my observation)
I guess my question is: (not that I really have one, I suppose) Is it a general consensus the N7 is the best option out there for a 7" tab?

stirling

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Bear in mind, that in a forum like these, you're going to see 2 different sorts of people. Hobbyists and people with a specific problem. Both are going to appear critical at times. I have the Nexus 7 and am completely happy with it. It's fast, solid, and most important to me, likely to get updates quickly for a good long time.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
if you visit the hospital you'll see lots of sick people. forums will attract people with problems

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
OP don't listen to those who complain because they are mostly ocd they will find something wrong no matter what. The majority of nexus 7 owners are happy owners. Welcome aboard and its called Android not Droid.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
if you visit the hospital you'll see lots of sick people. forums will attract people with problems

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Sick ppl in a hospital....no way.
Sorry man, that was too easy. I'm down with the masses whining on forums. I was just trying to get a feel for what other N7 owners thought.
There's a performance aspect and price aspect. I'm teetering between a G Note 10.1 and the N7.
G Note: 10.1" vs. 7"-the obvious features (1/2 of which I probebly wouldn't use for a while) AND $250 more
N7:More enjoyable size-just as fast/responsive (store display anyway)-less expensive

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
OP don't listen to those who complain because they are mostly ocd they will find something wrong no matter what. The majority of nexus 7 owners are happy owners. Welcome aboard and its called Android not Droid.

Oops....my bad. Sorry.

SherbetDibDab

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I used to be blackberry and got a nexus 7, and i havent looked back since but i think the reason i was so amazed was because comming from a blackberry where the UI is poor and the app store even worse you dont expect this device to be as good as it is for ?160 but it is.

I use mine for games, surfing the internet, watching movies and streaming music for all those its perfect but the only feature i think its missing is a HDMI port, if you can find everything the nexus 7 has with a HDMI port for a similar price you'll be laughing

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I used to be blackberry and got a nexus 7, and i havent looked back since but i think the reason i was so amazed was because comming from a blackberry where the UI is poor and the app store even worse you dont expect this device to be as good as it is for ?160 but it is.

I use mine for games, surfing the internet, watching movies and streaming music for all those its perfect but the only feature i think its missing is a HDMI port, if you can find everything the nexus 7 has with a HDMI port for a similar price you'll be laughing

OK, now this is something I missed in my research. No HDMI port?

Edit.....I'm feeling pretty stupid right about now

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Nope so there techincal isnt an easy way to watch whatever is on your nexus on a big screen

Hmmm....that sux. Can't believe I missed that. I'll need to think about that one....could be a deal breaker.
The PB was a pretty nice tab, taking into consideration blackberry's limitations.
I may have to "bite the bullet"($250 more) and just to the G Note 10.1

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
OK, now this is something I missed in my research. No HDMI port?

Edit.....I'm feeling pretty stupid right about now

You need to remember that Google needed to exclude some features to keep the price low. Despite it's few short comings the nexus 7 is the best Android tablet on the market that's not my opinion but just about every review out there says the same.

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You need to remember that Google needed to exclude some features to keep the price low. Despite it's few short comings the nexus 7 is the best Android tablet on the market that's not my opinion but just about every review out there says the same.

Right. I've come to this conclusion as well. Add in a couple of the money saving features left out, It'd be "Top Dawg"
Hey man....I'm orig. from a little town S. of Rochester. Where you from in N.Y.?

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Right. I've come to this conclusion as well. Add in a couple of the money saving features left out, It'd be "Top Dawg"
Hey man....I'm orig. from a little town S. of Rochester. Where you from in N.Y.?

I'm near a little town called Fishkill upstate NY. I'm originally from Yonkers NY.

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I own an HP Touchpad, two BBPB and the Nexus 7. Currently I use the Playbook the most. I like the Playbook OS better than Android and the mail app much better. Some Android apps are available inthe BB store and others can be sideloaded. And I occasionally use the HDMI and the rear camera. So at current prices it is not a bad buy. But the N7 has faster hardware and an obvious powerful Google commitment to improving OS and app software particularly cloud based using Google services. Amazon uses Android forked toward their market and certainly is upgrading their hardware at very competitive prices. Others of course such as Samsung etc could be looked at.

So you really cant go too wrong with any of these tablets. It depends on whose ecosystem you prefer. If you want to go Android and can live with Google get the N7 .
But don't fret over the fact that next year your machine will be last years model and that the then current model will have a bigger motor and better battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc