Has your Nexus 7 3G shipped yet?

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering, I was one of those people that managed to order out a Nexus 7 during the time when the play store was having hiccups. My order went through w/ no issues and it looks like my card has already been charged. The strange thing is I never got an order confirmation email. The only way I was able to confirm my order is by going to checkout.google.com and I see the order there.

For those of you that placed your order yesterday has yours shipped yet?

Prateek Baranwal

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Nope got charged on my credit card received the order confirmation email but the status at google wallet states order has not been charged and no movement or USPS details

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I also received a tracking number today, for my order placed on the 14th.

Edit: it is scheduled for early arrival on Monday, one day sooner than UPS promised. Shipping from Louisville. I had hoped to receive it today, but I think I can hold out through the weekend!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm still waiting on mine. I placed my order Tuesday morning at 9am & it's still at the step "Google has received your order" >_<;;

chartothel

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Nothing since the confirmation email, which arrived about an hour after I placed my order at 11:44 EST on November 13.

Google Play still showed "Shipping estimate November 15", Google Wallet still "pending", credit card funds still on temporary hold.

Subsequent e-mails and calls just to find out what's going on have been a complete waste of time, resulting in one automated form email, a rep who can't tell me much more than what I can already see online, and today, no replies at all to inquiries made via e-mail and the support site. This is my first time ordering a device from Google and it will be my last. Contemplating a cancel, but given how inept Google's e-commerce operations have proven itself to be so far, I wonder how long it would take for the cancellation to go through and whether it would cause another big old mess.

GuilderlandNY

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
N7 3g ordered 13 Nov @ 1:50 PM. Est. ship date 15 Nov - Actual ship date 16 Nov UPS 2nd day Air. So it's a Monday delivery for me ( a Friday delivery would have been nice).
Google prioritized the Nexus 4 phone shipments over the N7 3g -that's why many are getting the N7s a little late. They also: 1) underestimated the demand for the devices and; 2) released too many new devices at once. Honestly, they are pushing out variants of the Nexus 10, Nexus 7, plus the Nexus 4 all at the same time.

chartothel

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Finally received shipping / tracking notification e-mail from Google Play at around 6:30 pm this evening. Packaged shipped on Nov 17 and estimated arrival date is end of day Nov 21 (Wednesday).

Although I'm relieved to finally know that it's coming, I am in no way happy about how this thing has been handled. I placed this order within 10-15 minutes of the sale going live online, and yet others who ordered way after I did (in some cases, DAYS after my order) had their orders shipped out before mine. It's the utter randomness of it all, and I was left out in the dark throughout the entire 4-5 days after initially placing the order. I'm also unhappy about the fact that I paid almost $15 for 2-day shipping for an order that will essentially take 6 business days to arrive.

End of rant.

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Yea, that would be discouraging. I originally wanted a nexus 4. What ordeal that turned into, trust me that made me want to stab my eye with a rusty butter knife :) anyone in the US having trouble getting the tracking number to show data? Even after the 24 hour wait period that they advise, I still keep getting a message from UPS saying there is no info on that number.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yea, that would be discouraging. I originally wanted a nexus 4. What ordeal that turned into, trust me that made me want to stab my eye with a rusty butter knife :) anyone in the US having trouble getting the tracking number to show data? Even after the 24 hour wait period that they advise, I still keep getting a message from UPS saying there is no info on that number.

My current impression is that UPS hasn't updated any movement this weekend. Mine hasn't moved since Friday, while still being scheduled for an early Monday delivery. So, I'm hopeful that it is actually making its way towards me (actually already in my area), but that UPS just hasn't scanned and updated its system. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
yea, I am in the same position, friday night at 430pm it said it shipped, and that all I have gotten for info. What determines what warehouse they ship from? does the East Coast or is it the northeast region?

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Received my device today. Either a dead pixel or dust under display right out of the box. So disappointed. The good news is that Google is sending a replacement unit and I can keep this one until it arrives. Sigh!

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
oh man, thats my worst fear. I am glad it turned out well for you. this is going to make sound like an idiot, but do they fly it? It left today at 5pm and I am getting it tomorrow.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
oh man, thats my worst fear. I am glad it turned out well for you. this is going to make sound like an idiot, but do they fly it? It left today at 5pm and I am getting it tomorrow.

They ship UPS two-day, which means yes, they fly it.

Fingers crossed, the replacement unit will be fine. Other than the dust/ pixel issue, the build quality at first glance is better than my 16 GB model ordered when they were first released in July. No screen lift, no creakiness, and the speaker sounds better (always suspected my speaker was defective).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10