Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chartothel
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts

Default Has your Nexus 7 3G shipped yet?

Just wondering, I was one of those people that managed to order out a Nexus 7 during the time when the play store was having hiccups. My order went through w/ no issues and it looks like my card has already been charged. The strange thing is I never got an order confirmation email. The only way I was able to confirm my order is by going to checkout.google.com and I see the order there.

For those of you that placed your order yesterday has yours shipped yet?

Default Re: Has your Nexus 7 3G shipped yet?

Nope got charged on my credit card received the order confirmation email but the status at google wallet states order has not been charged and no movement or USPS details

Mine shipped today. I have a tracking number but it doesn't work yet. I imagine it hasn't been picked up by shipper

I also received a tracking number today, for my order placed on the 14th.

Edit: it is scheduled for early arrival on Monday, one day sooner than UPS promised. Shipping from Louisville. I had hoped to receive it today, but I think I can hold out through the weekend!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by mysterygirl; 11-17-2012 at 07:04 AM.

ROM
    Stock

I got my tracking info today from my order on the 13th, took them long enough.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts

I'm still waiting on mine. I placed my order Tuesday morning at 9am & it's still at the step "Google has received your order" >_<;;

Nothing since the confirmation email, which arrived about an hour after I placed my order at 11:44 EST on November 13.

Google Play still showed "Shipping estimate November 15", Google Wallet still "pending", credit card funds still on temporary hold.

Subsequent e-mails and calls just to find out what's going on have been a complete waste of time, resulting in one automated form email, a rep who can't tell me much more than what I can already see online, and today, no replies at all to inquiries made via e-mail and the support site. This is my first time ordering a device from Google and it will be my last. Contemplating a cancel, but given how inept Google's e-commerce operations have proven itself to be so far, I wonder how long it would take for the cancellation to go through and whether it would cause another big old mess.

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

I just got an email, saying that my N7 3G has shipped.

N7 3g ordered 13 Nov @ 1:50 PM. Est. ship date 15 Nov - Actual ship date 16 Nov UPS 2nd day Air. So it's a Monday delivery for me ( a Friday delivery would have been nice).
    Google prioritized the Nexus 4 phone shipments over the N7 3g -that's why many are getting the N7s a little late. They also: 1) underestimated the demand for the devices and; 2) released too many new devices at once. Honestly, they are pushing out variants of the Nexus 10, Nexus 7, plus the Nexus 4 all at the same time.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Yes. I ordered my Nexus 7 3G yesterday, and I got the shipping email this morning.

Finally received shipping / tracking notification e-mail from Google Play at around 6:30 pm this evening. Packaged shipped on Nov 17 and estimated arrival date is end of day Nov 21 (Wednesday).

Although I'm relieved to finally know that it's coming, I am in no way happy about how this thing has been handled. I placed this order within 10-15 minutes of the sale going live online, and yet others who ordered way after I did (in some cases, DAYS after my order) had their orders shipped out before mine. It's the utter randomness of it all, and I was left out in the dark throughout the entire 4-5 days after initially placing the order. I'm also unhappy about the fact that I paid almost $15 for 2-day shipping for an order that will essentially take 6 business days to arrive.

End of rant.

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

Yea, that would be discouraging. I originally wanted a nexus 4. What ordeal that turned into, trust me that made me want to stab my eye with a rusty butter knife :-) anyone in the US having trouble getting the tracking number to show data? Even after the 24 hour wait period that they advise, I still keep getting a message from UPS saying there is no info on that number.

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod

I just ordered mine and hopefully it will ship tomorrow so that I will have it for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by duke1231 View Post
    Yea, that would be discouraging. I originally wanted a nexus 4. What ordeal that turned into, trust me that made me want to stab my eye with a rusty butter knife :-) anyone in the US having trouble getting the tracking number to show data? Even after the 24 hour wait period that they advise, I still keep getting a message from UPS saying there is no info on that number.
    My current impression is that UPS hasn't updated any movement this weekend. Mine hasn't moved since Friday, while still being scheduled for an early Monday delivery. So, I'm hopeful that it is actually making its way towards me (actually already in my area), but that UPS just hasn't scanned and updated its system. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

yea, I am in the same position, friday night at 430pm it said it shipped, and that all I have gotten for info. What determines what warehouse they ship from? does the East Coast or is it the northeast region?

My UPS tracking shows that it's coming out of Louisville, KY and the shipment is heading towards Toronto, Canada.

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

oh cool, I am guessing that i am getting it on Tue.

Received my device today. Either a dead pixel or dust under display right out of the box. So disappointed. The good news is that Google is sending a replacement unit and I can keep this one until it arrives. Sigh!

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

oh man, thats my worst fear. I am glad it turned out well for you. this is going to make sound like an *****, but do they fly it? It left today at 5pm and I am getting it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by duke1231 View Post
    oh man, thats my worst fear. I am glad it turned out well for you. this is going to make sound like an *****, but do they fly it? It left today at 5pm and I am getting it tomorrow.
    They ship UPS two-day, which means yes, they fly it.

Fingers crossed, the replacement unit will be fine. Other than the dust/ pixel issue, the build quality at first glance is better than my 16 GB model ordered when they were first released in July. No screen lift, no creakiness, and the speaker sounds better (always suspected my speaker was defective).

As far as UPS 2-day service is concerned, for us Canadians, even though that's what we were told that we're paying for when we placed the order, the service used in actuality is more like UPS Slow-n-Steady.

Since Nov 17, I have seen it go from Louisville, KY to Lexington, KY, and then from Cincinnati, OH to Maumee, OH (I dunno where the heck that is either) - where my N7 is resting right now. I think they're walking the package all the way to Toronto.
    duke1231 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chartothel View Post
    As far as UPS 2-day service is concerned, for us Canadians, even though that's what we were told that we're paying for when we placed the order, the service used in actuality is more like UPS Slow-n-Steady.

Since Nov 17, I have seen it go from Louisville, KY to Lexington, KY, and then from Cincinnati, OH to Maumee, OH (I dunno where the heck that is either) - where my N7 is resting right now. I think they're walking the package all the way to Toronto.
    I don't know what will happen in your case, but my experience was that my device sat in KY for days. Then, just when it seemed like they would miss the promised window, it flew out of KY and was at my door soon thereafter. My guess is that UPS moves things just fast enough to deliver when promised, but seldom faster. But its odd that yours has moved from KY to OH. That's not a far trip!

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod

Quote Originally Posted by fabulas View Post
    I just ordered mine and hopefully it will ship tomorrow so that I will have it for the Thanksgiving holiday.
    I just got my shipping notification. Shipping will be only 1 day from Louisville, KY to Memphis, TN. Can't wait!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock

I got my n7 today and have been installing apps and configuring it all night. So much faster than the tab plus.

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

yup, i watched it fly from Ky to manchester NH to chemsford MA to vermont 2 days! Now I am charging and updating. I went to AT&T on Saturday and they gave me a micro sim, and activated it.