Google deliberately wrecked Flash support in 4.2?

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
It is hit and miss with me. I use Firefox with Flash and with 4.1.2 never has any issues for the most part it worked fine now Firefox crashed a lot and just closes but then I can open it back up and it seems to be fine for a while. I hope Firefox can put out an update or maybe 4.2.1 will come along soon to address all the bugs from 4.2.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Mobile flash is and has been dead for a while now, this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Adobe pulled the plug and said they wouldn't be updating it for Jellybean 4.1, let alone 4.2. Yes it still worked if you sideloaded it on 4.1, and then 4.1.1 and 4.1.2.. but it was getting buggier and not being supported anymore. It was only a matter of time given how Android progresses before flash would stop working altogether. Look at all the other apps that don't work when a new version of Android is released because they need to be updated. It's only natural :)

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
It works sometimes and then crashes for no reason worked better before the 4.2 update though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
How can my tablet replace my PC if it does work with flash? There is still a lot of websites that I go to daily that use flash based videos. This is no bueno, folks.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
How can my tablet replace my PC if it does work with flash? There is still a lot of websites that I go to daily that use flash based videos. This is no bueno, folks.

I never expected my 7 inch tablet to replace my computer. It serves its purpose, which is honestly little, lol. Again though.. this has been known to be happening for many, many months. Should not be a surprise to anyone.

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
You may have never expected, but if Google does, they better/should rectify it. I personally, opened up to tablets when full tilt poker available online via the web browser with my blackberry playbook until homeland security shut them down. Now, however, I can do everything I need on my nexus 7, except see flash comfortably.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Flash is a dead horse just let it die. Google has moved on and those that complain about the lack of Flash should do the same.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

grafx1

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Flash works just fine using xScope browser . I tried several flash demos with no problem. Firefox did a lot of crashing.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Just tested Flash in Firefox Beta (the latest build dated the 15th, NOT the one from the 8th - I know, Firefox is in the future now!). Everything I tried worked just fine.

What sites are you trying Flash on?

I used Monoface (monoface) and while rather pointless it works just fine.

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Just tested Flash in Firefox Beta (the latest build dated the 15th, NOT the one from the 8th - I know, Firefox is in the future now!). Everything I tried worked just fine.

Wow, I've just tried Firefox beta and the performance was actually the best out of all the browsers I have. Note: I just tested it for a few minutes.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Google didn't wreck Flash, Adobe did. And Flash works as well on my Nexus 7 after the update as it did before with Boat browser and a National Weather Service satellite loop site that I use.

Flash worked for me fine before the update. Period

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Google deliberately wrecked Flash support i

Browsers stop on abc.Com. I can barely browse anything now if there is flash content on a page.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Where did you get the version you are on now?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Flash worked for me fine before the update. Period

there is something called as compatibility. when most major OS version releases there will be some compatibility with apps and developer usually update the apps to fix it.

In this case flash has this issue and since Adobe abandoned it there is no way to fix it.

another example is this http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...5179-hbo-no-longer-works-4-2-anyone-else.html
that doesnt mean google deliberately broke HBO

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Where did you get the version you are on now?

Play store. It was just released, so try going into the details screen and backing out a few times.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac