I got the update on my N7!!

asterather

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
SO, I got my update with all the awesome!
BUT!
it stole my screen! it's shrunk the size of my screen and my apps!
I suppose this is a side-effect from N10 coming out at the same size.
anyone else gotten this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't sound right. Android is smart enough to adapt to whatever screen size you're using. There was no change to my screen size or icon size when I updated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Otis_S

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I received the system update, for 4.2 yesterday evening. Was prompted to either install it or install later. I chose to "install it now". My Nexus 7 went through the installation process and the n froze on the Google start up screen and has remained that way. Any idea on how I can unlock? I have tried the holding the power+volume down which takes me to the various options, which i have tried but my Nexus remains froazen.
Anyone else have this problem and more importantly, any suggestion on how to get the nexus working again?

asterather

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It might be because you don't have enough storage room. Maybe hook it up to a computer and see f you can get some of your space freed up?

Otis_S

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Hooked it up to PC but its not registering that it is connected. The Nexus is still frozen on the "Google" start screen. Getting frustrated now, as this update should not have caused me this grief and Google's support is pretty much non-existence. Have looked on their site but there seems to be zero help available from them.

kfilipov13

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
No, take it, I received my update a few hours ago, and it's amazing, really cool stuff, but don't really like the new clock. Now I'm waiting for my Gnex to update! :D

hichris123

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hooked it up to PC but its not registering that it is connected. The Nexus is still frozen on the "Google" start screen. Getting frustrated now, as this update should not have caused me this grief and Google's support is pretty much non-existence. Have looked on their site but there seems to be zero help available from them.

Call them. There's a number on the website.

hichris123

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I've noticed that too. It's only on the launcher, if you put it on the homescreen, it reverts to normal size.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon