Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: 4.2 Auto Brightness Bug

Quote Originally Posted by Rich215 View Post
    Missed this post by you....... Actually I did not notice the auto brightness being to slow to change on the earlier updates....I thought it worked pretty good on my unit. I wonder if there was any hardware changes in this element from different production runs.
    That's possible. For the record, then, I have a C60 (first production batch, screen lift at no extra charge!) 16GB unit.

Running either AndroSensor or Custom Auto Brightness confirms that the ambient light sensor is deeply bonked in the head below about 300lux indicated, leaping from very low lux readings to 200, then 300, then back to low, all in a period of a few seconds in completely constant ambient light that should be about 80-100 lux as indicated by my HTC Thunderbolt sitting right next to it.

The sensor has never been spot-on, and there's always been a little variance, but lately it's been like a Jack Russell Terrier on crystal meth.

Same issue here.
    It's most likely a bug in the video drivers.
    trying to get the darks as dark as possible, and the brights as bright as possible, the tablet is constantly fluctuating between light and dark.
    And it's really annoying when browsing or reading web pages, when the screen becomes brighter, or darker, just because a piece of screen estate is covered with a dark banner of spam or ads;
    Heck, it even auto-adjusts while I write this post, getting darker, because there's more dark text on the screen;

Super annoying!!!!!

same here... when is this going to be corrected?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123