Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bnd1u
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lockscreen widgets - Any way to turn off the highlighting of the left side?

Every time I wake my N7 it highlights the "add a widget" portion to the left of the clock. It only highlights on the left, and it looks bad. Is there any way to turn off the ability to add lockscreen widgets? I don't want anything besides the clock and I really don't like it highlighting something I don't want to use.

Default Re: Lockscreen widgets - Any way to turn off the highlighting of the left side?

This is annoying me too

Default Re: Lockscreen widgets - Any way to turn off the highlighting of the left side?

There is an app doing that "Lockscreen Features Policy"

See more: [APP] Lockscreen Features Policy - Disable Android 4.2 Lockscreen Widgets, Camera - xda-developers
    Thanked by 2:
    mr_nobody likes this.

I second the Lockscreen Features Policy app... works like a charm!

The one thing that annoyed me the most solved.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I was wondering how to disable this also. We should not have to download an app to do this. This should be a simple thing to add to the settings and be able to disable this using stock android.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Thank you for this I was hating my nexus 4 because of this

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

I have this problem however I'm not that into the Lockscreen Policy app fix. I would like to fix the highlighted box however keep the clock widget that I have added. Lockscreen Policy seems to only be able to disable lockscreen widgets all together, or am I missed something?

If that's not satisfactory, then I think you need to look at something like widgetlocker.