Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    Keyboard Warrior

Global Posts
    583 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: "Hey, is that the new iPad Mini?!"

My aunt asked me that two days ago. I wanted to facepalm so bad but I told her what it was and she seemed genuinely interested, especially after telling her the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn Rancher View Post
    I like the "No. It's better." answers.
    Modified "No, it's better and less expensive."

Yep, I've been asked if my N7 was a minipad :screwy:

I've had 3 Android phones since 2010. So far I've converted 4 coworkers to android phones and 2 of them have picked up N7s.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Viper(HTC)One

I get this question all the time and its frustrating....I am thinking of putting on the back of my case that just says no its a nexus 7 lol....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Documentary's and Educational Videos you think everyone should see.
    (Last Updated June,2,2013)
    Thread Retired
    Current Android Devices:HTC one,2013 Nexus 7
    Past Android Devices:Xperia Play,Droid Pro,2012 Nexus 7
    pugnuttt likes this.

This has happened to me three times already.

I say no, show them the back where it says nexus, and explain to them why it's better.
    Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

This happens to me every day at school. I'm an engineering student so my friends are tech saavy enough that after a second glance they know it's not an iPad mini, but they like to tell people that ask that it is one because they know I dislike iOS. Barely anyone knows what a nexus 7 is. Once I remind them some people remember what it is.

Sad that the iPad mini has been out two weeks and everyone knows what they are, whereas the N7 has been out six months and most people can't figure out I have a nexus 7.

Just because more people have heard of something doesn't make it better. More people know about Sony headphones, but that doesn't make them better than, say, Sennheiser.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB 7/19 build

My dad bought my mom a 10" Tab 2 and I have heard her call it an iPad multiple times. I cringe every time, but she has gotten better since I started correcting her. Now she just mostly calls it a Tablet.
    Nexus running .............
    Coming from a 2 1/2 year old BB Tour

Quote Originally Posted by jrwatson View Post
    anyone else come across other N7's?
    I work with a couple people who own a Nexus 7. Still haven't seen one when I'm out and about, though.

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,781 Global Posts

..did you expect them to know of the Nexus brand?
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Quote Originally Posted by TekNinja81 View Post
    Lol. Was just asked this by the waitress at the restaurant I'm at. I don't blame her since it is similar in size.... Gave the gf and I a chuckle. how many of you have been asked the same?
    Same thing happened to me. I was sitting next to my sister who has a iPad and I was on my Nexus 7 and somebody asked if this was the new mini.

ROM
    Bugless Beast

Quote Originally Posted by TekNinja81 View Post
    Lol. Was just asked this by the waitress at the restaurant I'm at. I don't blame her since it is similar in size.... Gave the gf and I a chuckle. how many of you have been asked the same?
    I get questions like this all the time about the N7 and now about the N10 (and occasionally from some old guys in my golf club about my samsung galaxy nexus). Just do what I do when they ask if it's an iPad(Mini) or iPhone:

"No, actually it's a Google Nexus. It's sorta like an i_____, but better."
    Brandon
    B. Diddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonycr View Post
    Sad that the iPad mini has been out two weeks and everyone knows what they are, whereas the N7 has been out six months and most people can't figure out I have a nexus 7.
    Especially since everyone who's been on the internet at least once as of July has probably unknowingly seen the ads for them :P.

ROM
    The GODZILLA Rom

Look what I found on a small fb page I like
    Thought it was pretty fuuny. Small world
    Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Hey, is that the new iPad Mini?!"-uploadfromtaptalk1353396438332.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    B. Diddy and Eduardo06sp like this.

Heh heh ... but do you really want the word "mini" included in that sort of reference?

I just got out of the hospital and while I was there a doctor asked me that exact thing. I thought to myself typical of a doctor.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

My N7 rarely goes outside, but if it does venture outside my home it is a GPS unit in my car. I can't wait for the first person to ask me......Is that the new ...........

I will surely tell them..... Yes it's the new ipad mini and it runs android OS and its only $200-$300.

I opted to go a different way. When I get asked (and boy do I get asked a lot), I respond with "Sorta; its the Google equivalent. I wanted something a little nicer than the iPad mini."

Man does it get an iSheep's goat to be told that the mini isn't as nice. When they say something like "well i have an iPhone and I already own all the apps", I respond with "Dude - this is half the price. You could have re-purchased every app you own, saved money, and had something thats built a lot better. What, do you own Bose speakers too?"

Its the perfect 1-2 punch. Or perhaps the Ali rope-a-dope...
    Thanked by 2:
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Out at an event and using the Nexus7 today to get some work done. I've been asked 3 times in 20 minutes...

bplewis24 likes this.

ROM
    Bugless Beast

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    Out at an event and using the Nexus7 today to get some work done. I've been asked 3 times in 20 minutes...

lol.

The next time I bring my device into a meeting or other public gathering I'm just going to walk in while everybody is talking amongst themselves, pull it out, hold it over my head and shout, "NO, IT IS NOT AN IPAD! IT BETTER THAN AN IPAD!"

"Just wanted to get that out of the way"
    Brandon
    MrVivekB likes this.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

so, since I got this, my kids beg to play games. My son notoriously will ask to play on my "iPad" (his nana has one and he thinks they are the only tablet out there). I immediately tell him that he is not allowed to play if he calls it blasphemous names. He has only slipped twice this week :-P
    Thanked by 3:
    visa01 likes this.

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sos710m View Post
    so, since I got this, my kids beg to play games. My son notoriously will ask to play on my "iPad" (his nana has one and he thinks they are the only tablet out there). I immediately tell him that he is not allowed to play if he calls it blasphemous names. He has only slipped twice this week :-P
    Lol good one

Sent from my PC36100

Quote Originally Posted by Rich215 View Post
    My N7 rarely goes outside, but if it does venture outside my home it is a GPS unit in my car. I can't wait for the first person to ask me......Is that the new ...........

I will surely tell them..... Yes it's the new ipad mini and it runs android OS and its only $200-$300.
    Pardon my ignorance, as I don't yet own a N7 (I will be making my purchase in the next couple of days.) I am just wondering how you would use it as a GPS device if it only has wifi. Am I missing something?

There are GPS apps that allows offline navigation on the Nexus 7 without wifi. Google Navigation and Maps works offline when maps are downloaded but it needs the internet to make the initial route.

Sent from a tablet on the latest crappy OS, using an app that I purchased from an app store that appends this signature below my post to make me look superior in social status to everyone else.
    Thanked by:
    ellykay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jairusz View Post
    There are GPS apps that allows offline navigation on the Nexus 7 without wifi. Google Navigation and Maps works offline when maps are downloaded but it needs the internet to make the initial route.

Sent from a tablet on the latest crappy OS, using an app that I purchased from an app store that appends this signature below my post to make me look superior in social status to everyone else.
    OIC. After reading through this forum some more, I realize there is a 3G option for the N7. This is a great resource.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast