Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Default Re: "Hey, is that the new iPad Mini?!"

Quote Originally Posted by sos710m View Post
    so, since I got this, my kids beg to play games. My son notoriously will ask to play on my "iPad" (his nana has one and he thinks they are the only tablet out there). I immediately tell him that he is not allowed to play if he calls it blasphemous names. He has only slipped twice this week :-P
    I passed the XOOM down to the family and bought the Nexus7 for me. The family isn't allowed to touch it, and they don't care because they have the XOOM now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

So many people have asked me this. I say too them, "Are you kidding? The iPad Mini specs are tragic."

I tell them it's a Google Nexus 7, and they reply "Right....".

lol Their loss.

Sent from my Nexus 7 running Android Jelly Bean 4.2

I've been asked quite a lot at school. Sometimes I get the typical " Apple is way better, or Android sucks" responses but when I show and explain features on it to most people, they think it's really cool :-)
    I've also never seen another Nexus 7 in the wild but my friends teacher has one apparently.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

Google Nexus 7 is only $199 , cheaper than iPad Mini. And its said to mark 5 Million Sales By 2012-end. Apple's iPad Mini have a bad display, compared to Nexus 7. So the Nexus 7 is my choice.

I was asked about my Nexus 7 a few times last night. People were also eyeing my Portenzo BookCase.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    ---
    Proud owner of a Moto X, Nexus 7, and Nexus 10.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

I don't have a nexus 7 but I have a Transformer Prime and I love it when people ask me if it is an iPad and I say no it's a Asus Transformer Prime by Google. I pull the keyboard out and I take the thing apart and then tell him about doubling the battery life with the keyboard dock and also the SD card support and the USB support and how small and light is. They are always just totally blown away.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

I got asked this very question by an IHOP waitress a few days ago. She said it was "cute", but seemed much less interested when she found out it wasn't the iPad mini.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)

It has become a very common question, asked by many. Some also wants to know price difference 100 not features

Quote Originally Posted by YAYTech View Post
    I got asked this very question by an IHOP waitress a few days ago. She said it was "cute", but seemed much less interested when she found out it wasn't the iPad mini.
    Was SHE cute? Details like that are important on these stories :-)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by MrVivekB View Post
    Was SHE cute? Details like that are important on these stories :-)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Kind of, but I'm a happily married man, and was having breakfast with my wife.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)
    MrVivekB and Eduardo06sp like this.

The one thing that infuriates me is when you say "No its a Nexus 7, the Google tablet that runs Android" they brush you off. As if because it's not an Apple iPad its now automatically not worth their time any more even after you explain how it has all the apps and features, a higher resolution display and better processor AND it's over $100 less. That's the power of Apple's reality distortion field lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

It's called ignorance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Eduardo06sp likes this.

I got this quite a bit over Thanksgiving. With the followup look of confusion while they ponder the word "Nexus."

Then they ask if my Transformer is, "an android ipad?" However, the look of confusion gets replaced with admitted jealousy when they see me plug the Transformer into the keyboard dock and then close it up to protect the display, while they dink with some flap on their ipad cover/case.

Not to mention the fact that they were obliviously freeloading off my 4G tethering because their iphones were getting pathetic 3G speeds in the area we were in

-Suntan

ROM
    JB

Very fun that this just happened to me yesterday while I was out shopping. I brought the Nexus 7 with me to compare prices and search for coupons. It is great that i could put it in my back pocket when walking the store/mall.

I was asked "oh how do you like the new mini ipad?" "I was thinking about getting it for my husband for Christmas"

I instantly thought of this thread which brought a smile to my face I used the line that someone posted in here. "No this is the Nexus 7, it is an Android Tablet. This is what Apple copied to make their mini Ipad"

She looked at me with confusion first and then almost took offense to the comment and kinda of walked away. Man people hate to hear the truth!
    B. Diddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    I got this quite a bit over Thanksgiving. With the followup look of confusion while they ponder the word "Nexus."
    -Suntan
    I was talking to some friends about gadgets etc and mentioned that I had got a Nexus 7 and one of them said 'I didn't know you were getting a new car'

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solutions Etcetera View Post
    It's called better marketing, apps, and user experience. Nexus tabs still have a lot of catch up to do and some folks don't want to wait for it.
    Better marketing. Apps and user experience are opinions.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    arcoms likes this.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Possibly with the user experience. But you're just not being objective if you can't agree Apple's marketing is, by more than an order of magnitude, more effective than Google's.

As for apps... show me anything on Android that can compete with Garageband, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote. Even Android's Email client is difficult to use in work related workflows because of a lack of common features, and most of the Apps in Play are not optimized for a tablet like the Nexus 7 (they simply look like big phone apps with smallish text and lots of wasted pixels). This is not the user experience on an iPad.

Don't get me wrong... I like the Nexus 7. I like the Android OS. But the App-mosphere for the combo is pretty disappointing.
    Please reread my post. You missed the period after marketing! So, I did agree that Apple has better marketing. OK?

As for the apps you listed, only if those apps are important to you. So again, apps and user experience are subjective and/or opinions. And everyone gets to be right (correct) when it comes to opinions.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    arcoms likes this.

Had at least 5 people ask me in the bar if it was the Mini last week. I said "No it is a Nexus 7". Everyone looked at me strange and said who makes that? I say Google and they say the search Website where do you get that?
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,228 Global Posts

There are other brands/makes of tissues, but most know Kleenex.

There are other brands/makes of liquid bleech, but most know Clorox.

There are other brands/makes of tablets, but most know the iPad.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

ROM
    Bugless Beast

This is not the user experience on an iPad.
    Funny. What really hurts people's credibility when making iOS and Android comparisons is when they pretend the sh** never stinks on the iOS side. "It just works," and now the iPad doesn't have a user experience where phone apps are overblown to display in the iPad. I guess I'll just pretend complaints over that never existed.

People continually kill me with this "disappointing" app situation on Android tablets. Maybe someday I'll be disappointed as much as you guys are, when I'm unable to use apps I need on my tablets.
    Brandon

It's called better marketing, apps, and user experience. Nexus tabs still have a lot of catch up to do and some folks don't want to wait for it.
    User experience is lacking on Apple products now. You can't do much of anything and that ruins the experience.

But ditto on marketing.

I disagree on apps though

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile

It isn't just marketing from Apple. The Kindles are right there too.

Both of my sisters were talking about getting Kindle Fires for their children for Christmas. They knew nothing about the Nexus products.

It certainly helps that Amazon can plaster their Kindle on the front page of their store and have everyone see it. This is the problem with everyone "just knowing" that Google is a search company. Even though Google has many more people using their website every day, they would be blasted by all if they put a big, tacky advert trying to sell their Nexus devices right on the front page.

-Suntan

...Screen after screen of simple, one-dimensional lists is a poorly designed interface for a tablet...
    Wait, are we talking about some of the 3rd party apps on an android tablet, or the main user interface on the homescreen of the ipad tablet? Cause you're discribing them both...

-Suntan
    arcoms and The Hustleman like this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post
    Funny. What really hurts people's credibility when making iOS and Android comparisons is when they pretend the sh** never stinks on the iOS side. "It just works," and now the iPad doesn't have a user experience where phone apps are overblown to display in the iPad. I guess I'll just pretend complaints over that never existed.

People continually kill me with this "disappointing" app situation on Android tablets. Maybe someday I'll be disappointed as much as you guys are, when I'm unable to use apps I need on my tablets.
    I keep asking for some examples of critical apps that suck on android that are available on iOS and the list is very small. There is a solution for everything. Can it get better? Yes. And it is. And it will.

I find the biggest feature on a tablet is the ability to watch movies. Android supports pretty much every video format which makes it far superior to the iPad. Copying and management is superior.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,228 Global Posts

I can link these all day, but then people who think that Android tablet apps in general are "just fine" will quickly dismiss anything these articles say.

If Google didn't think they were bad, they probably wouldn't be posting things like this:

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast