"Hey, is that the new iPad Mini?!"

pugnuttt

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I just got out of the hospital and while I was there a doctor asked me that exact thing. I thought to myself typical of a doctor.

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
My N7 rarely goes outside, but if it does venture outside my home it is a GPS unit in my car. I can't wait for the first person to ask me......Is that the new ...........

I will surely tell them..... Yes it's the new ipad mini and it runs android OS and its only $200-$300. :cool:

MrVivekB

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I opted to go a different way. When I get asked (and boy do I get asked a lot), I respond with "Sorta; its the Google equivalent. I wanted something a little nicer than the iPad mini."

Man does it get an iSheep's goat to be told that the mini isn't as nice. When they say something like "well i have an iPhone and I already own all the apps", I respond with "Dude - this is half the price. You could have re-purchased every app you own, saved money, and had something thats built a lot better. What, do you own Bose speakers too?"

Its the perfect 1-2 punch. Or perhaps the Ali rope-a-dope...

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Out at an event and using the Nexus7 today to get some work done. I've been asked 3 times in 20 minutes...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Out at an event and using the Nexus7 today to get some work done. I've been asked 3 times in 20 minutes...

lol.

The next time I bring my device into a meeting or other public gathering I'm just going to walk in while everybody is talking amongst themselves, pull it out, hold it over my head and shout, "NO, IT IS NOT AN IPAD! IT BETTER THAN AN IPAD!"

"Just wanted to get that out of the way" :)

sos710m

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
so, since I got this, my kids beg to play games. My son notoriously will ask to play on my "iPad" (his nana has one and he thinks they are the only tablet out there). I immediately tell him that he is not allowed to play if he calls it blasphemous names. He has only slipped twice this week :p

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
so, since I got this, my kids beg to play games. My son notoriously will ask to play on my "iPad" (his nana has one and he thinks they are the only tablet out there). I immediately tell him that he is not allowed to play if he calls it blasphemous names. He has only slipped twice this week :p

Lol good one

Sent from my PC36100

ellykay

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My N7 rarely goes outside, but if it does venture outside my home it is a GPS unit in my car. I can't wait for the first person to ask me......Is that the new ...........

I will surely tell them..... Yes it's the new ipad mini and it runs android OS and its only $200-$300. :cool:

Pardon my ignorance, as I don't yet own a N7 (I will be making my purchase in the next couple of days.) I am just wondering how you would use it as a GPS device if it only has wifi. Am I missing something?

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
There are GPS apps that allows offline navigation on the Nexus 7 without wifi. Google Navigation and Maps works offline when maps are downloaded but it needs the internet to make the initial route.

Sent from a tablet on the latest crappy OS, using an app that I purchased from an app store that appends this signature below my post to make me look superior in social status to everyone else.

ellykay

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
There are GPS apps that allows offline navigation on the Nexus 7 without wifi. Google Navigation and Maps works offline when maps are downloaded but it needs the internet to make the initial route.

Sent from a tablet on the latest crappy OS, using an app that I purchased from an app store that appends this signature below my post to make me look superior in social status to everyone else.

OIC. After reading through this forum some more, I realize there is a 3G option for the N7. This is a great resource.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

I passed the XOOM down to the family and bought the Nexus7 for me. The family isn't allowed to touch it, and they don't care because they have the XOOM now.

henywatty

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
So many people have asked me this. I say too them, "Are you kidding? The iPad Mini specs are tragic."

I tell them it's a Google Nexus 7, and they reply "Right....".

lol Their loss.

Sent from my Nexus 7 running Android Jelly Bean 4.2

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been asked quite a lot at school. Sometimes I get the typical " Apple is way better, or Android sucks" responses but when I show and explain features on it to most people, they think it's really cool :)
I've also never seen another Nexus 7 in the wild but my friends teacher has one apparently.

Sent from my Nexus 7

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I was asked about my Nexus 7 a few times last night. People were also eyeing my Portenzo BookCase.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a nexus 7 but I have a Transformer Prime and I love it when people ask me if it is an iPad and I say no it's a Asus Transformer Prime by Google. I pull the keyboard out and I take the thing apart and then tell him about doubling the battery life with the keyboard dock and also the SD card support and the USB support and how small and light is. They are always just totally blown away.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I got asked this very question by an IHOP waitress a few days ago. She said it was "cute", but seemed much less interested when she found out it wasn't the iPad mini.

MrVivekB

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I got asked this very question by an IHOP waitress a few days ago. She said it was "cute", but seemed much less interested when she found out it wasn't the iPad mini.

Was SHE cute? Details like that are important on these stories :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

arcoms

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The one thing that infuriates me is when you say "No its a Nexus 7, the Google tablet that runs Android" they brush you off. As if because it's not an Apple iPad its now automatically not worth their time any more even after you explain how it has all the apps and features, a higher resolution display and better processor AND it's over $100 less. That's the power of Apple's reality distortion field lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza